cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls displayed from United states

Nathy2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I am new in the community. I just got a public mobile number and tried to call this number from my another rogers plan phone, but the calls to the public mobile number displayed from United States on my rogers plan phone, although I set up the public mobile number at Alberta and phsically was in Alberta. Please help for this isuue. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Nathy2019

No, I did not use the same phone with Bell and Rogers service to test the calls. But I used the same phone with same PM number to make the phone calls to Bell number (iPhone) and Rogers number (iPhone), the call displayed Calgary, AB with Bell, but the call displayed United States with Rogers. Therefore there definitely were not a software issue. And the calls and texts to and from the number with Rogers were charged extra fees for international calls and texts. I called Rogers today, a representative has promised to waive the extra charges. 

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Nathy2019 did you use the same phone with Bell and Rogers to do test calls? Same software and using the same dialer?

This sounds more like an Android/iOS software issue than a Rogers issue.

Nathy2019

Just dialed from without +1 from a Bell plan phone, the call could be completed and the area displayed was correct. So it is a issue from Rogers side. Will call rogers and post the updates.

Nathy2019

I called my new public mobile phone number from my rogers phone number, and the new public mobile phone number shown from United States on my phone with rogers plan.

@Nathy2019I think you will have to deal with Rogers not be able to dial 825 correctly rather than Public Mobile where your number resides.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nathy2019 wrote:

Hi All,

I am new in the community. I just got a public mobile number and tried to call this number from my another rogers plan phone, but the calls to the public mobile number displayed from United States on my rogers plan phone, although I set up the public mobile number at Alberta and phsically was in Alberta. Please help for this isuue. Thanks

I'm confused. Are you calling from another phone TO your new service here? Or are you calling another phone FROM here?

can you try to call from another provider or fongo and see what it says?

@Nathy2019 wrote:

Just tried that wehn I dialed (825) XXX XXXX, Rogers responsed " We can not complete the call as you dialed, please check the number...." . However, the called could be completed when I dialed +1(825) XXX XXXX, but the call displayed from United States.

Not dialing the 1 should still allow the call, although you might first hear some message about the call being long distance.  If not connecting, this part is a Public Mobile issue.

The United States on the display is the phone software. A database probably Google has bad info. Ignore it.

Nathy2019

Just tried that wehn I dialed (825) XXX XXXX, Rogers responsed " We can not complete the call as you dialed, please check the number...." . However, the called could be completed when I dialed +1(825) XXX XXXX, but the call displayed from United States.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Nathy2019On the bright side Roger's tech support is pretty quick.. you just need to tell them your phone number 825 xxx xxxx get displayed as from the US instead of the correct geographic overlay. It is Roger's end that is not displaying the 825 area code correctly.

Nathy2019

Area code is 825, Yes it matches

Nathy2019

new area code is 825

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What is your new area code? Last time i had similar problem i actually misdialed 

@Nathy2019 wrote:

Hi All,

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Nathy2019What is the area code is your number being displayed? Does it match the number you have been assigned when signed up?

Need Help? Let's chat.