cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

calling USA from Canada

Hello,

I'm a relatively new user and I will need to call USA from Canada for the first time next week. Could someone please guide me in the right direction ? I'm on a $35 plan 1GB now. I just need to make a half an hour phone call and that's it for some time. 

1. Am I able to do it with my current plan ? If so, what are the per minute extra charges ?

2. If not, what other apps can I install on my phone to call a landline or mobile in the USA ? not sure what's the best cost effective options .

thank you in advance,

K.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: calling USA from Canada

@Keithch wrote:

Hello,

I'm a relatively new user and I will need to call USA from Canada for the first time next week. Could someone please guide me in the right direction ? I'm on a $35 plan 1GB now. I just need to make a half an hour phone call and that's it for some time. 

1. Am I able to do it with my current plan ? If so, what are the per minute extra charges ?

2. If not, what other apps can I install on my phone to call a landline or mobile in the USA ? not sure what's the best cost effective options .

thank you in advance,

K.

1. No.

2. There's the 200 minute add-on for $8 that will stay on your account until you use it all.

You could also do a change plan to the Canada/US one.

There are those calling card services you can buy at convenience stores where you call a toll free number, enter a code from the card then call the number you want.

There are apps like Hangouts that are voice over internet protocol (voip).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Keithch wrote:

Hello,

thank you in advance,

K.

1. No.

2. There's the 200 minute add-on for $8 that will stay on your account until you use it all.

You could also do a change plan to the Canada/US one.

There are those calling card services you can buy at convenience stores where you call a toll free number, enter a code from the card then call the number you want.

There are apps like Hangouts that are voice over internet protocol (voip).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Keithch wrote:

Hello,

thank you in advance,

K.

Your options with Public Mobile are well defined by @z10user4 .

You can also download an app called TextNow that works good as long as you have a robust wifi signal...and it's free. I'm sure there's others too but I've used TextNow and happy with the results.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Keithch wrote:

Hello,

thank you in advance,

K.

If this is just a one-time thing, I would just use the Hangouts Dialer app that z10user4 metinoed.  The call will be free.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

THank you all for your replies. Much appreciated. 🙂

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Keithch what did you decide on doing?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.