cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caller using different numbers to call

ckkong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a question about somebody who keeps calling and texting, but uses multiple numbers. My friend has been blocking the person each time they use a different number. Just wanted to know if there is a way to stop that. Is it a phone app or is the person hiding their number by having a different number showing? I think it is one of those apps that lets you generate a different number, but she seems to sometimes use a few of the same numbers, so its tricky to know for sure.

22 REPLIES 22

ckkong

Oh, that's crazy! I changed my phone number when I was with Koodo because of too many scam callers harrassing me. Not to mention Facebook also has its issues with people faking accounts and I had tricked by one of those people. There quite a number of bad people scamming more than before. It would be so nice they get caught for the evil they do.

ckkong

Well he told me she's not an ex to him, but they were kind of meeting up for a short time. 

There's even a market for "Fake Call" apps on google play... for example:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roxy.fakecallerid.app&hl=en

ckkong

Thank you!

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma  Ah shucks and here I was planning my first spoofed call to you.  Guess the cats out of the bag now, Smiley LOL   Cheers

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I shouldn't ask but I am. Is it a crazy ex? 😂😂

Only other thing is if they're not attached to there number is to change number. Public mobile allows one change per 30 days.

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

@ckkong 

Lar

@ckkong  Good to hear the police are involved because now it's much more serious.  Perhaps a restraining order from the court may be needed.  Best of luck to your friend.  Cheers

ckkong

Thank you. That was what I thought might be an issue.

@gblackma wrote:

👍 @Lar  now I know who to blames for the next crank call I get.🤔

@Lar wrote:

@Jb456   **bleep** I did the google search as suggested and boy am I getting an education in spoofing today, LOL.   Cheers

@gblackma 😝😂😂😂

👍 @Lar  now I know who to blames for the next crank call I get.🤔

@Lar wrote:

@Jb456   **bleep** I did the google search as suggested and boy am I getting an education in spoofing today, LOL.   Cheers

ckkong

Yes. He did have to get the authorities involved. I am not sure if that stopped the person. The person threatened him actually that he has to change his number. The situation was quite serious since they even came to the home, his family member's home, and the work place without permission.

@ckkong wrote:

Where is this option on the Samsung A10? I also get unwanted callers on my phone too. I used Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge. I think the issue would be if the callers are clients or important numbers not on the call list then we would not be able to get the calls.

On my android these are the options I have.Screenshot_20200210_154244.jpg

Likely the same way you could get to it on Samsung.

Open phone app

Click 3 dots on top right

Click block numbers.

Select what you want to toggle on and off..

But remember you might miss important calls from unknown numbers or private numbers by doing that.

Lar

ckkong

Where is this option on the Samsung A10? I also get unwanted callers on my phone too. I used Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge. I think the issue would be if the callers are clients or important numbers not on the call list then we would not be able to get the calls.

@ckkong wrote:

Is there a way to stop somebody generating numbers to contact his mobile? He is getting tired of having to block all the numbers. He accidentally blocked me and only realized a few days later.

No unfortunately not other then asking the person to stop or getting authorities involved

ckkong

Is there a way to stop somebody generating numbers to contact his mobile? He is getting tired of having to block all the numbers. He accidentally blocked me and only realized a few days later.

Lar

@ckkong   On my android phone I've used the "block all calls not on my contact list" for a short time until spammers get tired of my number. Credit to @gblackma  for the blocking link where it mentions doing the above.  Cheers

@ckkong  just google "text from any number" all kinds of websites allow you to do this and make up any number. Plenty of apps to download as well.

ckkong

He used to have HTC, but purchased Samsung A10 now, which is a better phone. I was telling him to block the numbers. He said that the person keeps contacting him with a different number and texting him with different numbers.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that @ckkong what make and model phone does your friend use? I believe it was mentioned here that Google pixel has a spam filter. That could be adopted to other Android phones. Here's a Forbes article on spam blocking  https://www.forbes.com/sites/brookecrothers/2018/12/30/in-2019-heres-how-to-stop-robocalls-scammers-...

@ckkong wrote:

I have a question about somebody who keeps calling and texting, but uses multiple numbers. My friend has been blocking the person each time they use a different number. Just wanted to know if there is a way to stop that. Is it a phone app or is the person hiding their number by having a different number showing? I think it is one of those apps that lets you generate a different number, but she seems to sometimes use a few of the same numbers, so its tricky to know for sure.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Likely a phone app there is many.. you can check out prankowl just for fun. You can send people prank calls over internet and make the number appear as anything you wish. Just so you get an idea how easy these apps are to change number. And that's a website not even an app.

If the person calling is doing it with bad intentions and you guys are worried you may want to consider getting the authorities involved

Need Help? Let's chat.