cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic roam without prepurchase?

ElleBee83
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there any plans for PM to allow users to pay roaming charges (after the fact) in the USA for which they did not previously purchase an Add on?

living so close to the US border and often shopping in the US I would love to have the security of being able to accept a call or even just send/receive a text but not have to invest $8 minimum every 10 days... by only paying for a service I choose to use (but didn't plan)....

13 REPLIES 13

ElleBee83

Thank you for this info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AnonymousFor incoming text messages while in the U.S.:  While that has always worked, it's no longer unofficial. 

Oh! That's news. Is this stated anywhere now? Or are you saying it no longer works?

Incoming text messaging while romaing in the U.S. still works. It was required of them do something in the back end end to fix incoming text message bug that affected customers after a roaming add-on was used. I  know that the incoming text messages did work before while in the U.S. (without a roaming add-on), but some type of change in the system has since been made that further re-enforces that as part of the bug fix.

I'm aware of the bug fix. Has the "officialness" been pointed out somewhere or how do you come to know this?

Edit: @computergeek541  found it. Way at the bottom in the last Q. I wonder when that was placed there or if it always was.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AnonymousFor incoming text messages while in the U.S.:  While that has always worked, it's no longer unofficial. 

Oh! That's news. Is this stated anywhere now? Or are you saying it no longer works?

Incoming text messaging while roaming in the U.S. still works. It was required of them do something in the back end end to fix incoming text message bug that affected customers after a roaming add-on was used. I  know that the incoming text messages did work before while in the U.S. (without a roaming add-on), but some type of change in the system has since been made that further re-enforces that as part of the bug fix.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ElleBee83 wrote:

Is there any plans for PM to allow users to pay roaming charges (after the fact) in the USA for which they did not previously purchase an Add on?

living so close to the US border and often shopping in the US I would love to have the security of being able to accept a call or even just send/receive a text but not have to invest $8 minimum every 10 days... by only paying for a service I choose to use (but didn't plan)....

This is a prepaid service...so no.

But unofficially you can receive calls and texts without add-ons. You just can't do outbound.

Edit: oh...CannonFodder read it right..."plans". nvm

LOL, but you hit the nail on the head with the part in bold, so I guess you can nvm your own nvm! 😄 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ElleBee83 , prepaid service cannot have postpaid components.  If this is what you need, then Public Mobile is not the service for you.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ElleBee83 wrote:

There is no system in place to charge for anything after the fact. For that, a customer would need change to a different carrier and open a postpaid account there. If you wish to have U.S. roaming services with Public Mobile, you will need to pay for an add-on.

@ElleBee83   To tag one would be to @CS_Agent  or a specific moderator like @Oana_S  but you can only contact them thru private  messages unless you want to bring attention to an important issue then you would tag @Alan_k  or @Tiana_v  in your post.

Please note I did not properly tag Alan or Tiana as there attention is not needed in this thread.

@ElleBee83 wrote:

How do I tag a MOD

This is simply not possible. Roaming can be turned on while you are in US, but you will only be able to receive text messages. Mod will tell you the same, so no point of involving them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ElleBee83 wrote:

How do I tag a MOD

For this topic??? No ones going to say they're planning to do that before anything's announced.

ElleBee83

How do I tag a MOD

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ElleBee83 wrote:

This is a prepaid service...so no.

But unofficially you can receive calls and texts without add-ons. You just can't do outbound.

Edit: oh...CannonFodder read it right..."plans". nvm

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@ElleBee83  Probably nobody hangin' out here on the forums knows the answer to that question. Likely only the Mods know, and maybe not even them.....

Need Help? Let's chat.