cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: asus zenfone 3 laser z01bdc data useage problem

tried changing the network,data doesn't get past connecting,and already did the rest previously,still not working

Mayor / Maire

@smarsden wrote:

tried changing the network,data doesn't get past connecting,and already did the rest previously,still not working

What plan are you on?  Who was your previous provider? Please try the following. Remove the PM sim card and insert the previous providers sim card and restart your phone. Replace the sim card with the Public Mobile sim. Toggle airplane mode turn roaming on. What happens?

my previous provider was rogers and i havent been with them for years,i dont have the rogers sim card anymore,and im currently on an older custom plan of unlimited calling,unlimited texting and 500mb of data 3g for 32 to a month

Mayor / Maire

@smarsden wrote:

my previous provider was rogers and i havent been with them for years,i dont have the rogers sim card anymore,and im currently on an older custom plan of unlimited calling,unlimited texting and 500mb of data 3g for 32 to a month

What all preferred network types can you choose from?

Mayor / Maire

@smarsden wrote:

@smarsden  There was another customer recently that was on an old province wide plan and had issues with his account. While waiting forr the moderators to respond he decided to switch plans to one of the ready made plans that offered unlimited Canada wide calling/I texting and more data for the same price and as soon as he switched everything started working for him. I'm thinking since the current $25.00 plan offers Unlimited Canada wide calling/international text and 500MB + (500MB Bonus with AutoPay) of data maybe would be worthwhile for you to change.

Screenshot_20190607-145854.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-145848.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-145842.jpg

These are the network types I can access,ill try switching to the cheaper plan and maybe even a new sim card but if neither works then ill be going to another service provider

Mayor / Maire

@smarsden wrote:

These are the network types I can access,ill try switching to the cheaper plan and maybe even a new sim card but if neither works then ill be going to another service provider

Why are there 3 of them?
Anyway...not GSM, not CDMA, not EvDo, not TD-SCDMA.
So for the first one...dunno...Unknown... maybe LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS or the other one with WCDMA and hope it bypasses the TD-etc to get to UMTS.
The second one has a few possibilities. Global auto (PRL), LTE/UMTS (PRL), LTE/WCDMA
The third one not so good...maybe Global auto (PRL) again, WCDMA preferred, WCDMA only. But those would be just for voice.

Interesting with those screens with Data Network Type...HSPA should be right too but there's no HSPA to select in your drop downs.

So of all of them I think I like the second one with LTE/UMTS (PRL). I'm just not sure why you show 3 of these sets.

someone asked to see which ones i can access,i showed all of them

Mayor / Maire

@smarsden  Select LTE/CDMA/UMTS/Auto (PRL)

Mayor / Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@smarsden  Select LTE/CDMA/UMTS/Auto (PRL)

Also make the correct APN is selected after restarting your phone.