cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus zenfone 3 laser z01bdc data useage problem

smarsden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey folks,im not sure if this is a hardware issue or an actual sim card/data issue but i recently switched from a blackberry classic to a zenfone 3 laser z01bdc and ever since i switched, my data has become unuseable,i've tried turning on data useage and even data roaming,and am not over my limit,and the phone will simply not use data for anything,cant view webpages,cant download pictures via texts,cant even use apps,so some help would be greatly appreciated,i've even tried turning off all connections then back on since previously with the card on the blackberry sometimes that had to be done to make the data work,and while i can still make calls and texts as if connected to the nerwork normally,im unable to use data,and to say the lease not being able to use data that i pay for is a tad frustrating so any help would be greatly appreciated

37 REPLIES 37

smarsden

oh the calls and texts always worked,it was just the data that was a issue,not anymore after the hammer! lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarsden wrote:

i got the sim card working after hitting it with a hammer

So that's the SIM solved 🙂 what about the phone service? 🙂

smarsden

i got the sim card working after hitting it with a hammer

smarsden

yeah i've tried every single suggestion thats been provided over 4 pages,ill message a moderator as well as the switching plans/new sim card and see what happens

@smarsden wrote:

tried it,no luck

@smarsden  Ok the reason I suggested that one is because that's what my Google Pixel is using and it works quite well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarsden wrote:

tried it,no luck

Did you try any of the others that I noticed?

@smarsden wrote:

tried it,no luck

@smarsden  Did you contact the moderator regarding this issue? There might be an issue with how your account is provisioned. Hopefully they should be able to reset your account and see if you are able to connect.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

smarsden

tried it,no luck

@geopublic wrote:

@smarsden  Select LTE/CDMA/UMTS/Auto (PRL)

Also make the correct APN is selected after restarting your phone.

@smarsden  Select LTE/CDMA/UMTS/Auto (PRL)

smarsden

someone asked to see which ones i can access,i showed all of them

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarsden wrote:

These are the network types I can access,ill try switching to the cheaper plan and maybe even a new sim card but if neither works then ill be going to another service provider

Why are there 3 of them?
Anyway...not GSM, not CDMA, not EvDo, not TD-SCDMA.
So for the first one...dunno...Unknown... maybe LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS or the other one with WCDMA and hope it bypasses the TD-etc to get to UMTS.
The second one has a few possibilities. Global auto (PRL), LTE/UMTS (PRL), LTE/WCDMA
The third one not so good...maybe Global auto (PRL) again, WCDMA preferred, WCDMA only. But those would be just for voice.

Interesting with those screens with Data Network Type...HSPA should be right too but there's no HSPA to select in your drop downs.

So of all of them I think I like the second one with LTE/UMTS (PRL). I'm just not sure why you show 3 of these sets.

smarsden

Screenshot_20190607-145854.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-145848.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-145842.jpg

These are the network types I can access,ill try switching to the cheaper plan and maybe even a new sim card but if neither works then ill be going to another service provider

@smarsden wrote:

my previous provider was rogers and i havent been with them for years,i dont have the rogers sim card anymore,and im currently on an older custom plan of unlimited calling,unlimited texting and 500mb of data 3g for 32 to a month

@smarsden  There was another customer recently that was on an old province wide plan and had issues with his account. While waiting forr the moderators to respond he decided to switch plans to one of the ready made plans that offered unlimited Canada wide calling/I texting and more data for the same price and as soon as he switched everything started working for him. I'm thinking since the current $25.00 plan offers Unlimited Canada wide calling/international text and 500MB + (500MB Bonus with AutoPay) of data maybe would be worthwhile for you to change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarsden wrote:

my previous provider was rogers and i havent been with them for years,i dont have the rogers sim card anymore,and im currently on an older custom plan of unlimited calling,unlimited texting and 500mb of data 3g for 32 to a month

What all preferred network types can you choose from?

smarsden

@smarsden wrote:

tried changing the network,data doesn't get past connecting,and already did the rest previously,still not working

What plan are you on?  Who was your previous provider? Please try the following. Remove the PM sim card and insert the previous providers sim card and restart your phone. Replace the sim card with the Public Mobile sim. Toggle airplane mode turn roaming on. What happens?

smarsden

tried changing the network,data doesn't get past connecting,and already did the rest previously,still not working

@smarsden wrote:

also tried setting up the apn type as recommended,no luck

@smarsden  The problem is that Data service is disconnected. Change the preferred network in settings network & internet to LTE/WCDMA/Auto

Go into APN Names and manually select Public Mobile. Also switch the SIM card the other tray. Set the APN type to default,MMS. Restart your phone. What happens.

smarsden

also tried setting up the apn type as recommended,no luck

smarsden

Screenshot_20190607-141119.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-141217.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-141053.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-141114.jpg

@smarsden wrote:

welp updated the apn settings and did a network reset,still no data,so it looks like my phone doesn't support data through public mobile,guess its time to look for a new plan or another service provider,thanks for the help though everyone

@smarsden  You phone definetely supports the Publi Mobile for voice and data. Dial *#*#4636#*#* under phone information what is listed under voice, data and preferred network?

Edit: Also set APN Type  to  default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Edit: Restart your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarsden wrote:

yes,i have 449mb left for the rest of the month and yes i tried the other sim slot and yes i tried removing the mb from the alias,and yes i tried restarting.none of it is making the data work

What options are available in Authentication Type and APN Type?

Edit: maybe try instead of the ip address... mmscproxy.mobility.ca and then MMS port 8799

Do you have settings for mvno type and mvno value?

That APN type maybe try...  default,mms,supl  <- no spaces

smarsden

yes,i have 449mb left for the rest of the month and yes i tried the other sim slot and yes i tried removing the mb from the alias,and yes i tried restarting.none of it is making the data work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarsden wrote:

i've tried everything at this point,its either the sim card or public mobile itself is my best guess

If you're willing to try things...

remove the /mb from that alias line. Restart.

Were those images in order? I'm wondering about that top enable APN.

Did you try the other slot?

You DO have data in your plan and haven't used it all right 🙂 ?

smarsden

i've tried everything at this point,its either the sim card or public mobile itself is my best guess

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarsden wrote:

Well yeah according to that gishan site that appears to be all correct.

You restarted the phone right?

Maybe try the PM SIM in the other slot.

Then some other tests and fiddling can be tried. The phone should work.

smarsden

Screenshot_20190607-122838.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-122804.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-122614.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-122720.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-122825.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-122830.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarsden wrote:

welp updated the apn settings and did a network reset,still no data,so it looks like my phone doesn't support data through public mobile,guess its time to look for a new plan or another service provider,thanks for the help though everyone

The phone should work. It might be missing one 4G band but it has 2 others. You could also force 3G (one of UMTS/WCDMA/HSDPA) for 3G as well.

Maybe get some screenshots of your APN settings so we can see what you've set up.

@smarsden wrote:

so i updated the apn settings and no luck yet,if by network reset you mean turning off and on the connection yes i have but i havent tried messing with the bands yet and frankly dont know how,i know how to set the preferred network but not specificly the bands,also what does telus have to do with this?

On your cell phone setting, make sure mobile network is set to Public Mobile. 

1.click setting

2.click connections

3.click mobile network

4.click advanced

From here you'll find network is PM or not.

My cell is Asus ZonFone 4 Max, so hopefully can help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.