cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus zenfone 3 laser z01bdc data useage problem

smarsden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey folks,im not sure if this is a hardware issue or an actual sim card/data issue but i recently switched from a blackberry classic to a zenfone 3 laser z01bdc and ever since i switched, my data has become unuseable,i've tried turning on data useage and even data roaming,and am not over my limit,and the phone will simply not use data for anything,cant view webpages,cant download pictures via texts,cant even use apps,so some help would be greatly appreciated,i've even tried turning off all connections then back on since previously with the card on the blackberry sometimes that had to be done to make the data work,and while i can still make calls and texts as if connected to the nerwork normally,im unable to use data,and to say the lease not being able to use data that i pay for is a tad frustrating so any help would be greatly appreciated

37 REPLIES 37

smarsden

welp updated the apn settings and did a network reset,still no data,so it looks like my phone doesn't support data through public mobile,guess its time to look for a new plan or another service provider,thanks for the help though everyone

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here's a network reset procedure, btw, that hopefully matches what's on your phone: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214589/

smarsden

so i updated the apn settings and no luck yet,if by network reset you mean turning off and on the connection yes i have but i havent tried messing with the bands yet and frankly dont know how,i know how to set the preferred network but not specificly the bands,also what does telus have to do with this?

TheOldVR

I would try the APN settings and also a network reset...

Curious, have you checked to see what bands your phone supports on the Telus network?

You could be on a weaker band?

mojorising

Good luck and keep us posted if this was solved with the APN settings!

smarsden

i havent yet,ill give that a shot and update

mojorising

I don't see a mention of this in your post, but did you set up the APN settings on your new phone? if you have, the phone may not be compatible with PM.

You can get them from here if you haven't set that up.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.