cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any PM plan that matches freedoms 1 year talk and text canada wide for $130

nutpantz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i was on public mobile then i switched to freedom who has a prepaid 1 year plan canada wide unlimited talk and text for $130 (add data as needed)

(https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/prepaid-plans?planSku=By%20The%20Year%20Nationwide%20Talk%20Text)

does public mobile have anything to match that?

i like public mobiles online system better then freedoms. but i cant find a plan that competes and PM no longer have that build your own plan thing they used to.

5 REPLIES 5

@nutpantz 

Yes if you think short term and long term at the same time with public mobile. Start with just the basic math......

Public Mobile                                                Freedom

1. 12×$13 (-$2 autopay)=$156                   12 months=$129
  2. 12×$12 (-$2+$1 loyalty)=$144               12 months=$129
  3. 12×$11 (-$2+$2=$4)=$132                     12 months=$129
  4. 12×$10 (-$2+$3=$5)=$120                     12 months=$129
  5. 12×$9   (-$2+$4=$6)=$108                     12 months=$129
  6. 12×$8   (-$2+$5=$7)=$96                       12 months=$129

total=$756+tax                         total=$774+tax

Based on the $15 plan that has 100 outgoing minutes so while the $5/500 calling add on would be prudent it also comes with 250mb of data that if used on fongo 250mb=500min of calling while on mobile data. Calling on wifi would be free. So the plans offer nearly identical value. Add ons with freedom expire each month where as pm's roll over. There are no overages, roaming charges or fair usage policies to contend with at pm. Network coverage w/telus is uncomparable.

With a little effort you could refer a friend or two over time reducing your monthly bill by $1 a friend and participating in the community on a regular basis you could possibly earn another $1 or $2 off your bill. But that is thinking long term.....short term think promos and stackable promos.

Here's an example how you can stack promotions to maximize your savings. CCS changes discounted bundles and are currently 30% for higher data plans but concept still applies with the a little more paid out but still averaging $6 per month for the first 6 months.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-one-month-of-service-for...

@softech wrote:

not on PM, I think Rogers still have the 1 year plan, probably $150

It is $180, prepaid for a year, unlimited weekends talk, unlimited evenings, no data, unlimited SMS and I believe only 50 minutes/year for prime time talk. It is almost impossible to find web page where this offer is. My friend suggested this plan to me but PM is way, way better. I cannot persuade my friend to switch to PM... so stubborn...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

not on PM, I think Rogers still have the 1 year plan, probably $150

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nutpantz , this is all the plan and add-on options with Public Mobile.  There's no one year options, never have been unfortunately.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nutpantz : Up top...Shop...Plans. That's it. I don't like add-ons anywhere else other than here and Koodo.

Edit: you've maybe been here for a year now so that's a $1. Then there's the $2 autopay. Any referrals? Those are a dollar each. So there's the easy $3 off the top. That brings the $15 plan down to $12. But then you'd need the $5 calling add-on to get more minutes. But you also get a small bucket o' data.

Edit again: just re-read.

Need Help? Let's chat.