cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after my 1GB data limit there is no 2G data

gnanabk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

after my 1GB data limit there is no 2G data. its literally no data. my plan says unlimited data i.e. after the first 1GB at LTE, I would get unlimited data at 2G. there was no data at all, couldn't even send a whats app message or open google maps.

13 REPLIES 13

@MoreYummy 

Not at public mobile....what is the purpose of your post?

there is unlimited data plan at very slow speed.  

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious Yeah for sure. That's what I call unlimited data. 

Imagine not having to rely on wifi networks. Crazy. 

I dont even think anything like that in the US exists. In the US they all throttle you to the same speed here. 

@BearFBI 

That's an unlimited data speed that would be worthy of changing providers for as most functions could be achieved at that speed other than gaming and streaming HD video.

BearFBI

@darlicious Oh. Wow 2mbps is a lot. 

@BearFBI 

To clarify I meant the throttled data speed after your plan data has been reached. Lucky's data speed is then throttled to 128kbps. The big three's top tier is throttled to 512kbps. Sasktel is 2mbps.

BearFBI

@darlicious "The only canadian provider that offers unlimited data at 2G speeds is Sasktel."

Wouldn't lucky be considered unlimited 2G ? I don't know what the speed of 2G is supposed to be.

@gnanabk Can you show us what plan you are on and where you see this ? I don't think that exists at Public Mobile.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gnanabk wrote:

after my 1GB data limit there is no 2G data. its literally no data. my plan says unlimited data i.e. after the first 1GB at LTE, I would get unlimited data at 2G. there was no data at all, couldn't even send a whats app message or open google maps.

@gnanabk ,

Haven't heard of this.

Where do you see "after the first 1GB at LTE, I would get unlimited data at 2G." ?

@gnanabk 

The only canadian provider that offers unlimited data at 2G speeds is Sasktel.

@gnanabk wrote:

Public Mobile does not have unlimited data, not even at 2g-like speeds. For that you'd have to go to a different carrier.  There is no such plan at Public Mobile.  Are you a Public Mobile customer or a customer at a different brand?

TheGx

@gnanabk :Log into self serve and post screen shot it remember edit out your personal information, then we can see what plan it says there.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gnanabk 

There is no unlimited data at public mobile. What plan are you on? The $25/1gb plan? Did you have the "more the merrier" free 2gb data add on gift from pm at xmas time? It sounds like you have run out of data. You should either employ all your data saving options and monitor your data usage better or upgrade to a plan with more data.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@gnanabk 

I'm not aware of an unlimited data plan. You must be on an old grandfathered plan that public mobile no longer offers.

Can you tell us what is stated under your plan details?

If you don't have something that you feel you should, contact the moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.