cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding text messages to my account

haroldh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My current plan does not include text messages. I would like to add text messages but I can't figure out which add on to use, and the plan descriptions on the web site are not particularly helpful. I have the basic $25 per month unlimited quebec calling plan.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy wrote:

Switch to the current  $25 plan which has unlimited texting.

@haroldh not only will you get unlimtied texting, but your calling will also be upgraded to Canada-wide rather than Province-wide.  All for the same cost you're paying today.  Win-win.

@haroldh wrote:

Thank you for your substantive reply. I can live with losing the current month. But I've prepaid $93 into the account that will only apply once the current month runs out. My question is, will I lose the credit on the account?

@haroldh you will keep the $93, except that $25 will be decducted to pay for your new plan for the next 30 days if you do an immediate plan change.  So after that, you will be left with $68 in your Available Funds balance.

@Nezgar wrote:

All current plans have unlimited texting...

@haroldh almost all: the $30 1GB full-speed data-only plan does not.  Minor technicality but something to keep in mind.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@haroldh wrote:

Thank you for your substantive reply. I can live with losing the current month. But I've prepaid $93 into the account that will only apply once the current month runs out. My question is, will I lose the credit on the account?

Also, if I click on moderator, will I be chatting with a human or with ISimon. ISimon seems like a lovely bot, but very frustrating to deal with.

@haroldh  If Simon is not behaving then you can message the moderators directly with your questions. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

haroldh

Also, if I click on moderator, will I be chatting with a human or with ISimon. ISimon seems like a lovely bot, but very frustrating to deal with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@haroldh wrote:

Thank you, that is very helpful, EXCEPT when I go through the process of changing plan, it tells me that any money prepaid to the previous plan can't be transfered to the new plan. My account has a balance of $93 which will cover the next three months. Plus I have an add on for calling to US with around 2500 minutes still available. Will I lose both of these?

BTW, thanks for the quick reply before.

You being an older pioneer/legacy customer puts you in a whole other ball game. Asking the mods may give you conflicting information. Perhaps some of the older long participating members would be able to shed some light on your situation. Or do a whole lotta searching in those older threads 🙂

Hi @haroldh 

Yes since it's prepaid you will lose that $25. 

Do you have any data? 

If you postdate the change you could also use textNow while on WiFi or if you have any data, they will give Canadian number and provide free calling and texting to Canada and USA.

Your add-ons should be unaffected with the plan change unless they were a deal at the signup abd tired to your plan. But you should contact the moderators before proceeding to confirm

haroldh

Thank you, that is very helpful, EXCEPT when I go through the process of changing plan, it tells me that any money prepaid to the previous plan can't be transfered to the new plan. My account has a balance of $93 which will cover the next three months. Plus I have an add on for calling to US with around 2500 minutes still available. Will I lose both of these?

BTW, thanks for the quick reply before.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @haroldh 

If you login to your self-serve and click on change plan

y you will have option to choose another plan. 

For 25 new plan you can have unlimited Canada talk and world messaging, also 500 megs of data, if you use autopay you get 500 more extra data.

When is your renewal date? Can you wait until then to change or do you need it today?

If you can wait, don't choose immediate plan change as you will lose all the money, select to change at the renewal.

If you need it right now, you can choose to change now and lose the money, if you just started your cycle recently maybe you can talk to moderators and see if they could change it for you free of charge. They don't have to do it, but if you just started your cycle recently they may be willing to help you out. There are no guarantees, so please don't get angry or rude if they can't do it.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

All current plans have unlimited texting...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Switch to the current  $25 plan which has unlimited texting.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@haroldhYou probably want to update to the current $25 plan since it has unlimited texting for the same price. Just log into your selfserve and change your plan to the latest verison there.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans

Need Help? Let's chat.