cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a US plan

dnewlan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys, I want to add on a US text & talk $15...but are reading about problems with add-ons...is this acurate or old news?

Also walk me thru the process ...I pay my add on and that's it, once I travel to the US it automatically kicks in? Can I pay several days before travelling or just a day ahead?

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first experience with adding a US plan.

Thanks

dnewlan

7 REPLIES 7

Lol even if travelling by @CannonFodder  piggyback. The user gets the message wait until the day of travel to purchase the add on.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Add the funds to your account  to cover the $15  add on that you would like and dial 611 at the Canadian  airport and follow the prompts to enable it

You got some inside info that the OP ISN'T driving across the border? 😉 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@dnewlan 

US Roaming add-ons are great when traveling to the US for 10 days or less. If you are going to be there longer, let us know and community members can help suggest a course of action.

Be careful with the saying "Adding a US plan". The US Roaming options are add-ons. You still need to maintain an active plan in order to use any add-ons.

This part applies when purchasing a roaming add-on that includes texting: When you are back in Canada, contact the Moderators to ask them to remove that Roaming add-on and/or to reset your account. Otherwise, as stated you will not be able to receive any texts for about 24 hours.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

@gblackma wrote:

Add the funds to your account  to cover the $15  add on that you would like and dial 611 at the Canadian  airport and follow the prompts to enable it

You got some inside info that the OP ISN'T driving across the border? 😉 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The issue you often hear and has not been fixed yet are 

1) upon add-on expiry you will not receive sms in Canada for 24 hours

2) you can not purchase the same add-on with in 24 hours of it expiring ie you are in the USA for longer than 10 days.

You also need to enable data roaming If getting a data package.

Oh the other issue is if you buy two USA addins with talk they cancel eachother out and calls last only few seconds.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dnewlan wrote:

Hi Guys, I want to add on a US text & talk $15...but are reading about problems with add-ons...is this acurate or old news?

Also walk me thru the process ...I pay my add on and that's it, once I travel to the US it automatically kicks in? Can I pay several days before travelling or just a day ahead?

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first experience with adding a US plan.

Thanks

dnewlan

@dnewlan  US Roaming add-on are good for 10 days starting from the day you purchase the add-on so best to add it to your account just before you leave for the US.

You can purchase the add-on using your selfserve account or by dialing 611 from your device.

Purchasing an add-on is a two step process. First you need to fund your account with the required funds and then you purchase the add-on.

To verify that you have purchased the add-on just access your selfserve account and the add-on should appear on your landing page.

Make sure you have data turned on and roaming turned on if your US roaming package will include data.

PM uses T-Mobile and/or ATT and your connection should be automatic.

usr.JPG

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Add the funds to your account  to cover the $15  add on that you would like and dial 611 at the Canadian  airport and follow the prompts to enable it. The add on starts as soon as you add it.

@dnewlan wrote:

Thanks

dnewlan

Need Help? Let's chat.