cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add-ons

baldy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are data add-ons added onto to the plan and billed monthly?  

10 REPLIES 10

@baldy1 wrote:

Data was up to the limit. Purchased add-on.  How soon will it take effect?

@baldy1 , should be immediate. Trying restarting your phone.

NOTE:

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

Immediate.  You top up your account first then buy. Or use your balance if any. 

baldy1

Data was up to the limit. Purchased add-on.  How soon will it take effect?

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@baldy1 

I wish but they are available until you use them up however long that takes.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@baldy1 wrote:

Are data add-ons added onto to the plan and billed monthly?  

@baldy1 you've already gotten the answer to the question you asked, but I wanted to just clarify one more little detail: technically, nothing is "monthly" at Public Mobile.  The reason is that all cycles last 30 days, not a calendar month. 

I know that this is more-or-less the same thing, but just so you're aware if you weren't: your payment and renewal dates will change from month to month--they move a day earlier following a month with 31 days and 2 (leap year) or 3 (regular year) days later in March (following a month with 28/29 days).  Because of this cumulative effect of shifting dates, you can even occasionally find yourself in a month with 2 payments (you could pay on the first and day of a month for example).  

Last note on the subject: while with every other carrier, you'll have 12 cycles and 12 payments every year, with Public Mobile you will have 365/30 = 12.1666666 cycles and payments in a calendar year.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Johan

No, all add-ons stay on your account until used, unless it is noted as time term, like 10 days of US travel. Then it is 10 days from the time of purchase. I am on the old $10.00 plan and add Canada wide minutes when needed, which may last me 2-3 months.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baldy1 : This place and another Telus brand are the only providers that I know of that have this add-on concept of buy once and consume over time. All the others are for a limited time whether you use it or not. Or auto-renew with the plan.

Not this place. It's a great feature.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@baldy1...

nope...you select (buy) the data add-on you need. When it does run out, you have to select it again, if you need more data. Add-on data stays on your account until you use it up..even if it takes several months or more.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to purchase add-ons.  

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@baldy1 

All add-ons are one-time purchase and remain on the account until they are consumed.

They do not add on every renewal.

The only exception is the US roaming add-on which only lasts 10 days from purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.