cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add ons

atong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm interested in a plan for my mom who uses no text and about 20 mb of data for a month

If I start a plan with just province wide talk,no text, no data ,can I get an add on of 1GB of data ?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Horemansuk as @popping mentioned, literally EVERY other plan except the $10/50/50 is avaialbe with either no texting at all or completely unlimited texting.  For whatever reason, PM has not [yet] decided to offer domestic texting as an add-on, so if you need more than 50 you may want to pick another plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@Horemansuk

No body knows why there is no text message add-on.

The $10 50 CW minutes + 50 outgoing texts + free incoming texts

If you need more than 50 outgoing text, you need to select other plan.

Horemansuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still,

I can buy extra minutes, international minutes at thay,

I can buy data, not cheap, but for low usage the $30 for 1GB is fine,

But I can not buy extra texts

Any idea why?

I can not do that

Can not text past 50

But I can call on an on,

buy extra minutes

And surf for 1GB, again and again

but no you can not text 

only 50 then you can not!

Does anyone know that?

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

I personally don't like the $10 plan, as it's very limited on the number of SMS, and as I use two-factor authentication a lot, I'd be running out.

@stonechucker incoming texts on the $10 plan are unlimited, so you can get as many 2FA messages as you desire.  (Though frankly, Google Authenticator is far better, but SMS 2FA is better than nothing.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Horemansuk, currently not available, but yes, it would enhance the ability of the $10 plan.  I personally don't like the $10 plan, as it's very limited on the number of SMS, and as I use two-factor authentication a lot, I'd be running out.

However, as I lost my daily driver for a day a month ago, the $10 is looking like an emergency back-up for me.

I don't think the $10 plan gets nearly the respect it deserves.

You keep your required monthly cost down (thank you again will13am). You can buy add-ons for minutes and data. And with the Rewards here...can you say free cell phone service? I know I can.

I would say that it can serve a couple needs: 1. low phone use, 2. emergency phone. They have subtle differences. I fall into 1.

@Horemansuk, currently not available, but yes, it would enhance the ability of the $10 plan.  I personally don't like the $10 plan, as it's very limited on the number of SMS, and as I use two-factor authentication a lot, I'd be running out.

However, as I lost my daily driver for a day a month ago, the $10 is looking like an emergency back-up for me.

Horemansuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How about a text add-on like the data add-on? Would make the $10 talk and text so much more usable and prevent texting being lost after 50 of them.

srlawren

@wetcoaster great points, thanks for bringing them up!

@atong

Just throwing in there that if you decide not to choose the text function incoming texts are also disabled, not just outgoing. (exept service notices from Public Mobile)

And, on a related note (I'm aware that it's not applicable to your scenario right now...): If you'd go for a talk & data combo adding text is often the same price or even cheaper. Play with the plan builder.

atong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the quick reply!! I'll definetly get my mom onto PM

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@atong Yes, you can get the 1GB add-on and it will not expire until you use all 1GB of data. 

Need Help? Let's chat.