cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add ons that don’t work

hutch123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i have looked a threads here on how to make add ons work and have done them. But still i have been charges the $15 on my autopay cc for  1gb of data add on but yet it doesn’t show up on the page to view all your plans and add ons. I have turned the phone off and on as well. So what am i missing. I have payed and it shows on my account review I have payed but nothing else. What am i missing.The picture is to show that the add on i purchase on my account doesn’t show up like this.  

2571FA06-41A3-4AA4-A8B2-9F097799B69B.png

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

@hutch123 Im new but I noticed some posts show this orange and white background and a different kind of branding? Sorry if its off topic, but are some accounts still branded orange? 

He said it was an example of what he was trying to describe. That used to be the colour scheme branding of Public Mobile. A while ago they changed a bunch of stuff. So no, no one would see those colours now. Participants that have been here since before that change would have screen shots of the old colours. The info is the same though.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@hutch123 Im new but I noticed some posts show this orange and white background and a different kind of branding? Sorry if its off topic, but are some accounts still branded orange? 

hutch123

no that is a  example that i used to show that at that spot my add on didn’t show up there. i have figured it out maybe now as it shows up on the add ons on my actual account. so to see if it actually works. 🤷🏻‍♀️

hutch123

this happened 2 days ago. so i have closed all sites on my phone and then went into public mobility again to see what was happening. nothing changed so far. yes i tried to use the data last night. and nothing. 

@hutch123 wrote:

but i have been charged on my credit card already when i purchased so i should be able to access it should i not. 

@hutch123  Dial *611 from your phone. If the money you added into you account for the add-on is being reported as a balance then you need to go and purchase the add-on to complete the process.

@hutch123 wrote:

but i have been charged on my credit card already when i purchased so i should be able to access it should i not. 

If you have done the two step process 

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974 and you are in the US the addon should work.  If you are in Canada this add-on will not work.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hutch123

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hutch123 wrote:

So i have looked a threads here on how to make add ons work and have done them. But still i have been charges the $15 on my autopay cc for  1gb of data add on but yet it doesn’t show up on the page to view all your plans and add ons. I have turned the phone off and on as well. So what am i missing. I have payed and it shows on my account review I have payed but nothing else. What am i missing.The picture is to show that the add on i purchase on my account doesn’t show up like this.  

@hutch123, it looks like you purchased the US roaming add-ons are you in the US?  They will only work if you are in the US.  Did you purchase the wrong add-on by mistake?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@hutch123 the add on you are showing is  a US roaming add  on. Are you in the States? If you aren't, that's the wrong one. Thanks.

20200417_204130.jpg

Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to make sure to add it to your account.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@hutch123 wrote:

Log into My Account and see if the $15 is sitting in Available Funds. If so, now go back and buy the add-on you want. Good luck.

EDIT...looks like you do have the 10 Day US Talk/text/Data add-on.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@hutch123 wrote:

@hutch123 it could be your browser, go and clear all cache and cookies and re open it. You can also go into incognito mode. Have you tried using your data? It could also be the system is trying to refresh in the background but ahs not yet. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@hutch123 wrote:

Buying an add on is a 2 step process. You need to add the fund then go back in and buy it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.