cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add on accumulated minutes

Ian_Johnston
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If i cancel my long distance add on do i lose my accumulated minutes?

6 REPLIES 6

Ian_Johnston

super helpful thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ian_Johnston wrote:

my question is confuseing due to my assumption that if i have an add on say the $8 or $15 one on top of my plan that the add on is something that renews monthly.

I  now understand, thanks to this thread, that the talk add ons are not a monthly subscription but rather a purchase of minutes that when they run out can be purchased again?

Correct.

Yes. That was a big aha moment for me when I switched over from Telus post-paid to this pre-paid service. Even when I was looking at Koodo prepaid I had the same thought as you.

Nope. Buy once. Consume it over time. Buy again. There are people here that have the once-purchased add-on going on 2 years now.

I think it's a bit of a misnomer to use the term rollover. It's the industry term sure but here we are both having been uncertain of what it all means.

Ian_Johnston

my question is confuseing due to my assumption that if i have an add on say the $8 or $15 one on top of my plan that the add on is something that renews monthly.

I  now understand, thanks to this thread, that the talk add ons are not a monthly subscription but rather a purchase of minutes that when they run out can be purchased again?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Ian_Johnston wrote:

Your question is a tad confusing ..

If you have a Long Distance add-on (200min/$8 or 400min/$15)

- you need a talk feature in your base plan to be able to use them

- it's a one time manual purchase, it will not automatically renew at a set time or when you run out

- the remaining minutes are rolling over indefinitely until they are usedup or you are closing the account

- Long Distance minutes can be stacked (as opposed to any US roaming add-ons), so if you have a couple ofmof minutes left, you can purchase the next add-on before you are at 0..

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ian_Johnston wrote:

You cannot not cancel add-on.  It will stay in your account as long as your have not used all minutes.  It will continue to roll over to the next 30 days cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ian_Johnston wrote:

There's no way to cancel an add-on. Minutes don't accumulate either. You buy the add-on once and then consume it. Once consumed then it disappears. Then you buy it again.

Need Help? Let's chat.