cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add data to my phone plan

danielagheorghe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am with PM since 2009 or more with an basic plan. Now i want to ask to add 1 G data to my old plan. I hope that I can receive it for some CAD de plus . Tell me how can I have it ? How can change the plan ? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danielagheorghe I'm sure the current plan you have now wouldn't be worth it to apply a data add-on.  You're most likely better off upgrading your entire plan to a plan that includes data.  A plan with 1GB of data would be the same plan I currently have which is the $25 unlimited talk & text, with 500MB of data included, and when you have autopay set up they'll provide an additional 500MB of data each month (making it 1GB every month).  Totally worth it in my opinion.  On top of that you said you've been a client since 2009 so you're obviously getting the $5 loyalty reward.  So at the minimum you're getting a $7 credit when you include the $2 autopay credit.  So the most your plan would be is $20.34 after tax.  Not a bad price for 1GB of data and unlimited everything else. 

Change your plan by going to your My Account, select "Change Plan" under your Account Status section.  From there it's pretty straight forward.  However one piece of advice is to select the change a renewal and not change immediately.  If you change immediately then you'll need to pay immediately, and that means the money you had already prepaid for your current plan will be lost.  So if you change at renewal then you'll be starting fresh.

@danielagheorghe wrote:

Hi,

I am with PM since 2009 or more with an basic plan. Now i want to ask to add 1 G data to my old plan. I hope that I can receive it for some CAD de plus . Tell me how can I have it ? How can change the plan ? Thanks.

I can't see you wanting to pay $30 for each gigabyte. How important is it for you to have the fastest possible data speeds?  Any change of base plan will mean that you will get "3g" speeds.

@will13am wrote:

@danielagheorghe, what plan do you currently have?  My suggestion is to look at the current plans and pricing.  The cost of data add-on is quite expensive at $30 per GB whereas a complete plan with 1GB of data, unlimited Canada wide calling, international text is only $25 per 30 day cycle ($2 off with auto pay, up to $5 off for loyalty). 

What he said. If I remember correctly the province wide talk and text legacy plan started at $19 but is now $25. Switching to an in-market plan is almost certainly more cost effective. Depending on your usage the $15 for 100 outgoing minutes/250Mb, combined with the $5/500minutes add-on could save you even more money.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@danielagheorghe, what plan do you currently have?  My suggestion is to look at the current plans and pricing.  The cost of data add-on is quite expensive at $30 per GB whereas a complete plan with 1GB of data, unlimited Canada wide calling, international text is only $25 per 30 day cycle ($2 off with auto pay, up to $5 off for loyalty). 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @danielagheorghe 

Would you prefer to keep your old plan and just to but data add-on?

You are probably better off getting a brand new plan.

Do you have access to a credit card? You don't really need to use it for payments, just the fact that it's registered will double your data on $25 plan so that you will have 1g and will also lower your bill to $23.

If you are ok with that you can change your plan here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi... 

If you need data right now though may choose to change immediately, you will lose money that you paid for your current plan. If you don't mind waiting for it, choose to change at the renewal.

If you want to keep your plan and just bit data that will stay with you until completely used up you can first put $30 on your account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/new-oneTimeTopUp-Page/?PostbackParameter=Overview 

Then you can get the add-on here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@binnsy1138 wrote:

You can add Data in the Self Servce option - 1 GB of Data is $30 every 30 days.

Canadian add-ons are not time based. They stay on until finished.

binnsy1138
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can add Data in the Self Servce option - 1 GB of Data is $30 every 30 days. Depending on your current plan, you might be better off switching to a new plan that includes the data (you can get 1 GB in a plan for $35 - this includes Unlimited Canada Wide calling and Unlimited International Text) 

This can be done on the self serve site by clicking either "Change Plan" or "Purchase Add Ons" depending on which way you choose to go. 

Hope this helps.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
Need Help? Let's chat.