cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspended

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

i did future dated plan change last month. i got enough balance in my account. but not renew successfully. it saying my account is suspended. kind of disapponinted.

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@Judelina wrote:

Does this happen every month or just for new cx

Yes. For everyone. Each renewal. It's messy. Don't panic. Don't do things in your account on the last day and overnight.

@Judelina @missorange the "problem" is that the self-serve account status is shown too accurate.  In reality, your plan does expire at the end of your payment-due-date (the day before renewal).  What your'e seeing is all the nitty gritty intermediate state as the system does what it was designed to do--process your payment and renew your plan for another cycle.  So it's not a bug per se, but there is a very poor customer experience to anyone unfamiliar that happens to sign in to see if their renewal is going well--which is a natural human tendency to want to do this!  The solution would be for public mobile to suppress these internal statuses and instead map those to something more user-friendly for display in self-serve, such as "Account Status: Renewal in Progress, please check later" or "Account Status: renewal in process--please check again after 9AM Eastern on Jan 17, 2019".  or even "Account Status: Auto-Pay payment pending" followed by "Account Status: Your payment was processed successfully, plan renewal in progress" hey why not??

However, try as we most assuredly have over the past 3+ years to get PM to do this change, thus far, they have not.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Judelina wrote:

Yes. For everyone. Each renewal. It's messy. Don't panic. Don't do things in your account on the last day and overnight.

Judelina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Judelina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue seems to be working still it probably doing this because we are new customers and probably since it’s closed till am it will all be rectified in the morning

missorange

now, the service is ok, the only thing is still cannot open the plan details, and cannot purchase add on. it saying, "dont panic, something wrong." Hopefully the system will be back to normal and correct it self without bother MOD. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@missorange it is 100% normal to see (in self-serve) and hear (in 611) scary sounding things like your plan is suspended or expired during the night of your renewal.  DO NOT PANIC.  As long as you can continue to use the services included in your plan (make and receive calls, texts, data, etc) then just completely ignore the self serve site.  Check again around noon Eastern time tomorrow (probably "today" by the time your'e reading this) and it should be back to Active.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Others have had similar experiences. Sometimes the account will say suspended for  1-2 days  between renewals. If your phone is still working I would leave it for a few days then contact a moderator if it still hasn't corrected itself.

missorange

@Anonymous. ok thx i tried to make a call, it works. but not the 611.hopefully it will be all good in the morning. 

@missorange wrote:

i got activation on dec 16. renew date is 15. i did future date plan change around0end of dec. when i dial 611 now, it saying my account is supended.

I would wait until tomorrow and see if all is good.  It sounds like your phone is working and yes at renewal time you can get weird suspended account message yet your phone is still working.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

missorange

i got activation on dec 16. renew date is 15. i did future date plan change around0end of dec. when i dial 611 now, it saying my account is supended.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

i did future dated plan change last month. i got enough balance in my account. but not renew successfully. it saying my account is suspended. kind of disapponinted.

As mentioned, a screenshot of your overview page would be helpful. Blank out personal info.

It should say what you owe. It should say a renewal date. It should say what you have in Available Funds.

Since it's saying suspended that means to me that it tried to renew last night or you're looking at it now at midnight ET. Don't. Just let it do its thing. It'll go through all kinds of messy looking things and then it should be all right in the morning. As long as your service keeps working you're good.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@missorange wrote:

When was your plan scheduled to renew?  There are two different day in your self serve.  One date is the end of your current plan and the second date is a day later and the start of your new plan.  Do you still have service?  If so could your plan do the change tonight to the new one for tomorrow?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jessica_T

@missorange wrote:

@missorangeIs your phone working at the moment? What day was your renewal? Can you post a screen shot of your account overview?

Need Help? Let's chat.