cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access voicemail with no voice plan

philippevk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

A few weeks ago I received a notification on my phone saying I have 1 voicemail. The weird thing is I have a data-only plan (using voip for talk+sms), so I don't understand how anyone could leave me a message (I didn't even know what my phone number was before receiving this).

The annoying thing is I have a permanent "New voicemail" notification on my lock screen.

- I looked online for a way to disable voicemail notifications completely on Android, but was unable to find anything

- I can't access voicemail from my phone (when I try accessing it the voice only says "sorry, talk is not included in your plan")

- I can't access voicemail from another phone because that requires setuping a voicemail password, which can only be done from my phone (see above)

Currently my only idea would be to add voice for 1 month, delete the message, then switch back to data-only. Any other ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

philippevk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, that worked 🙂

Message was actually empty -_-

@Someone_here wrote:

Weird thing! Probably spam message...

@philippevk wrote:

- I can't access voicemail from another phone because that requires setuping a voicemail password, which can only be done from my phone (see above)

You may want to try this : in your selfserve account, click "Plan and Add-Ons" > "Reset Voicemail Password".

If it still doesn't work, try private messaging @CS_Agent and see if they can help you!

Latter part is correct: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/access-voicemail-with-no-voice-plan/m-p...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Weird thing! Probably spam message...

@philippevk wrote:

You may want to try this : in your selfserve account, click "Plan and Add-Ons" > "Reset Voicemail Password".

If it still doesn't work, try private messaging @CS_Agent and see if they can help you!

Need Help? Let's chat.