cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about the plan

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For the 10$ plan, if run out 50 mins and 50 texts, the service will be suspanded or still able to receive the incoming call and incoming texts?

11 REPLIES 11

@Anonymous, @missorange,

Voicemail message limits are as follows (copied from the SIMon tool)

Space to store up to 10 messages (up to 5 mins long each)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

@Anonymous , it means if run out the mins and texts, still can receving the incoming texts, but no outgoing texts. Cannot make or receive the incoming and outgoing call, but still can receive the voicemail from the other phone (if the message is not long enough) 

Correct. Limited outgoing texts. Use them then you can no longer send SMS. Unlimited incoming.

Limited calls either direction. Use them then you can no longer make or receive calls on and using the handset. Doing voicemail functions either people leaving one or calling your number to access it does not use minutes. I don't think there's any limit on length of voicemail. But I haven't tested it. But I have spent several minutes fiddling around in it from another phone. No one leaves messages of several minutes 🙂

missorange

@Anonymous , it means if run out the mins and texts, still can receving the incoming texts, but no outgoing texts. Cannot make or receive the incoming and outgoing call, but still can receive the voicemail from the other phone (if the message is not long enough) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

@Anonymous , I see you saying the same thing with above, why you saying not actually correct. both making call and receiving call, no, checking from the voicemail from other phone, no.

@missorange 

I was correcting a part of a previous post.

Minutes get used when you make and receive calls.

Calling the voicemail from the phone itself uses minutes as it's the same as making a call.

People calling in to your number and leaving a message don't use the minutes which is also the same as you calling your number (edit: from a different phone) and then pressing * to get in to your voicemail...no minutes.

missorange

@Anonymous , I see you saying the same thing with above, why you saying not actually correct. both making call and receiving call, no, checking from the voicemail from other phone, no.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

Also, people won;t be able to leave you any messages because technically voicemail messages does use up your call minutes, I recommend you tell people not to leave you long voicemail messages.

Not actually correct. Using the handset to listen to voicemails, yes, because that's like making a call. People leaving voicemails, no. Calling in to your voicemail from another phone, no. It's all about airtime on the actual handset.

You are 100% correct, @Anonymous 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dna2016 wrote:

Also, people won;t be able to leave you any messages because technically voicemail messages does use up your call minutes, I recommend you tell people not to leave you long voicemail messages.

Not actually correct. Using the handset to listen to voicemails, yes, because that's like making a call. People leaving voicemails, no. Calling in to your voicemail from another phone, no. It's all about airtime on the actual handset.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@missorange, as @FBR mentioned you'll still be able to get incoming texts because that is unlimited.  However you won;t be able to make and receive any calls, and you won;t be able to send any texts.  Also, people won;t be able to leave you any messages because technically voicemail messages does use up your call minutes, I recommend you tell people not to leave you long voicemail messages.

And as @FBR  mentioned when you run out of minutes your account is not suspended, suspension only occurs when you don;t pay your account.  If you run out of minutes, just go to your add-ons and add more minutes, I did that for my dad one month and the additional minutes got added to his account within a couple minutes of paying for the feature.

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@missorange wrote:

I see, as long as not running out the mins, still have the service active.

@missorange even if you run out of minutes your account will still be active. It only gets suspended if you didn't use autopay and forget to pay within 80+ days or thereabouts.

missorange

I see, as long as not running out the mins, still have the service active.

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@missorange wrote:

For the 10$ plan, if run out 50 mins and 50 texts, the service will be suspanded or still able to receive the incoming call and incoming texts?

@missorange you will only get incoming texts, no incoming or outgoing calls. In fact, people may not even be able to leave voicemail for you (someone please confirm this)

The cheapest way to combat this is to add a 200 or 400 minute add-on, which never expires until it runs out.

Need Help? Let's chat.