cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenphone Cell Data Connection problem

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Merry Xmas to all:

Just got my phone back fom repair (cracked screen),ive had this phone for a year with no problems,now i just cant seem to get it connected to cellular data,they wiped my phone to factory settings and got just all my apps back and stuff,phone is workin ok....any thoughts on the cell connection problem.i topped up my storage to another gig also.I sey the data limit below 1 gig so this aint the problem and connected to the public mobile network...im stumped

Ronnie

8 REPLIES 8

ronmary
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. Texting and phone worked worked well for me as soon as the sim card was inserted but not the data connection. After the Access point name was completed, the data worked very slowly when preferred network set to 3G. Worked much, much better set on 4G setting.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ronmary with your phone set to prefer 4G only, are you still able to make and recieve phone calls?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ronmary

That worked for me. I had to set prefered network type to 4G rather than 3G. 

By the way you set the APN (Access Point Names) by going to settings/...more/Cellular networks/Access Point Names       /+/     then carefully fill in info (without mistakes) as shown in the solution.

Heatherized

Thanks, the APN info helped set me up! I wasn't connecting to mobile data after signing up yesterday, and now I am. 

I know that some of the time that the software manufactuers do not program all of the APN settings for every carrier, espcially if they don't sell the model in a specific country, or if the carrier is a smaller one.

Contrary to popular mistaken belief, APN settings are most definitely not stored on the sim card. If that were true, no one would ever have to manually enter those settings.

At least in the case of Android, preconfigured APN settings are available to the manufacturers.  While there are sometimes mistakes in these settings, there's no excuse when the manufacturer deliberately overrides the settings and then inputs a mistake.  I've had an Asus device before (a Zenfone 2) where Asus made a typo in the settings.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It escapes logic why manufacturers can't get something as simple as the APN configuration file right.  There's open source editions out there if they don't want to script their own.  Frankly they shouldn't reinvent the wheel.  On all my custom rom devices, I never have issues with APN settings.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No worries,i just got it workin:

2. Set up your APN

Name: PM

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank