cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You don't have TALK feature??? what??

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a simple plan, unlimited talk and today when I try to make a call.. an announcement over my phone says.. "Hi Public Mobile here, sorry Talk is not included in your current plan.. "

I have the $25 unlimited Canada Talk Wide /text plan.. whats going on? I live on my phone for my consulting work.. so this is a shock to me... HELP!!!!

17 REPLIES 17

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This happens to me and others on a regular basis. I now have accepted this annoying fact and when it happens I just restart my phone and then  make the call.

I'm wondering if this problem is unique to only PM or perhaps also to other carriers . 

elstewart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Sarlye wrote:

I have a simple plan, unlimited talk and today when I try to make a call.. an announcement over my phone says.. "Hi Public Mobile here, sorry Talk is not included in your current plan.. "

I have the $25 unlimited Canada Talk Wide /text plan.. whats going on? I live on my phone for my consulting work.. so this is a shock to me... HELP!!!!

As long as you plan is active...just hang up and redial your number. I've had the same thing happen to me and after 2 or 3 attempts...the call will go through and the problem doesn't happen that often.

Is this a known issue? This definitely seems like a big issue if you're experiencing this more than once! Do you know if anyone else is experiencing this as well?

I haven't had an issue with calling yet, but I don't call very often. So who knowsss

@Sarlye  Thanks for the update. Occasionally you may experience a connectivity problem. Your phone just doesn't act the way it's supposed too....always try rebooting your first. You ca also turn airplane mode on for a few minutes and off again. This will often fix these kind of issues. Accept a solution for the person who helped best.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks. 

@Sarlye wrote:

@zblackma wrote:

@Sarlye wrote:

@zblackma wrote:

How was this problem resolved?

@zblackma I turned off my phone and turn it back on, then I just keep calling the number I was trying to conference, call my second phone until it got thru then call my conference number again.. 

Did you contact PM to ask about what happened? Would be interested in what they thought the problem was. 

@zblackma I contacted one of the moderators, he checked my account and everything is fine and told me to restart my phone. He seems to think it was a network problem and not my SIM. He did a reset and all seems to be working fine now. 🙂

If it was a teleconference, make sure the number format is valid, or you will get that falure message, for example:

• 8665551212 - OK
  • 18665551212 - OK
  • 018665551212 - Will not work'

Or if you are dialing the conference call with an extension using a link, your phone might be incorrectly separating the password from the phone number:

18665551212 x 123456# - it may be trying to dial it all together like this: 18665551212123456# in which case it will fail.

Usually separating the password from the phone number using a comma, p (2 second pause), or w (wait until user action) will work.

andrewdasselaar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am experiencing the same problem as OP at the moment. Have plan with unlimited talk, and there's 52 dollars credit left in my account. I will also contact PM moderator to advise them of the issue. 

@Sarlye 

Then you probably need to contact moderator for help.

Click on quesiton mark on right lower corner of website.  Type: contact moderator.  Follow prompts to submit ticket to get moderator help.  

Sarlye

@zblackma wrote:

@Sarlye wrote:

@zblackma wrote:

@zblackma I turned off my phone and turn it back on, then I just keep calling the number I was trying to conference, call my second phone until it got thru then call my conference number again.. 

Did you contact PM to ask about what happened? Would be interested in what they thought the problem was. 

@zblackma I contacted one of the moderators, he checked my account and everything is fine and told me to restart my phone. He seems to think it was a network problem and not my SIM. He did a reset and all seems to be working fine now. 🙂

[Marked solved .......... Luddite]

zblackma

@Sarlye wrote:

@zblackma wrote:

Sarlye

@geopublic wrote:

@Sarlye Mire than likely your AutoPay renewal failed and your account is suspended. Dial 611 to verify.

@geopublic My autopay is active and not due until the end of the month.. I checked everythiing before sending out for HELP!!

Sarlye

@zblackma wrote:

zblackma

Sarlye

@hairbag1 wrote:

As long as you plan is active...just hang up and redial your number. I've had the same thing happen to me and after 2 or 3 attempts...the call will go through and the problem doesn't happen that often.

@hairbag1 I have never had that happened and this morning was super stressful as I had an important teleconference and it took me 20 minutes to get through finally..

Sarlye

@Dunkman wrote:

@Sarlye 

Check your self service account to make sure that your plan is active.  It might be suspended.  Did your plan renew recently?

@Dunkman I did check it, everything is same.. didn't change anything at all. On Autopay and its not due til end of month.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sarlye wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sarlye wrote:

@Sarlye More than likely your AutoPay renewal failed and your account is suspended. Dial 611 to verify.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sarlye 

Check your self service account to make sure that your plan is active.  It might be suspended.  Did your plan renew recently?

Need Help? Let's chat.