cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are unable to access the web because one of the following reasons

almunacompany
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I can't connect to the internet and received this message.

However, non of the solutions applied to me. I didn't exceed my data plan and my phone not report as stolen or lost.I've tried to register my phone, but didn't resolve this issue.

How to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

@stonechucker wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@almunacompany wrote:

Hello,

However, non of the solutions applied to me. I didn't exceed my data plan and my phone not report as stolen or lost.I've tried to register my phone, but didn't resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Have you checked that your UNLOCKED phone will work with Public Mobile data?

willmyphonework.net

Btw you posted a link to one of your sent private messages, which only you & Public Mobile employees can access.
If you would like to share it, please screenshot it and post it without any personal info.

@LovesToPM reading what you've quoted (the OP), and what you've asked, makes no sense.

The user says that their data has stopped - that means it has worked previously.  The phone must already be unlocked (or locked to a TELUS brand) and must be compatible as it's been used here previously.  Phone calls and text would also be affected, and these haven't been offered as a problem yet.

@stonechucker  Whoa, hold your horses.

Actually OP wrote: "I didn't exceed my data plan"

To me, this in no way implies that data worked previously with his current phone.
OP's quote could mean anything. If I used zero data, I could write his same quote.

Also the OP did not use the words "data has stopped". You implied it.

Btw I have seen issues where a specific phone may work for calls and texting but not for data.

I tried, but if my orginal post did not help the OP, then so be it.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@almunacompany wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

willmyphonework.net

Btw you posted a link to one of your sent private messages, which only you & Public Mobile employees can access.
If you would like to share it, please screenshot it and post it without any personal info.

@LovesToPM reading what you've quoted (the OP), and what you've asked, makes no sense.

The user says that their data has stopped - that means it has worked previously.  The phone must already be unlocked (or locked to a TELUS brand) and must be compatible as it's been used here previously.  Phone calls and text would also be affected, and these haven't been offered as a problem yet.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@almunacompany wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

willmyphonework.net

Anonymous
Not applicable

@almunacompany wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Are you new to Public Mobile?

If so then as above with the APN.

If not then is your service showing as active in the self-serve?

If so then do you see the data line under Data & Add-ons lower down in the overview page?

If not then maybe you've used all of your data.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@almunacompany wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

@almunacompany  Unfortunately that link did not work. If you account is active and you have data available and you tried the Lost/Stolen reset trick and nothing worked then you need to check your APN settings. These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

If it's still an issue then you need to contact PM. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you have the correct APN settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

Need Help? Let's chat.