cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong payment

Saramoradi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

i have paid 40 dollars by mistake! I always dial *611 to top up my plan. I always choose the 50 min across Canada/US but this time the menu was changed and I could not find any add-on for Canada so I picked the 1000 min US supposing that it includes Canada as well. But it didn’t work so I assumed I didn’t do it properly so I paid once more! I got so confused. Can you please transfer the money to my previous plan which was the 10$ per month one? The US add-on is useless for me. I am looking forward your reply. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

@Saramoradi wrote:

Hi

i have paid 40 dollars by mistake! I always dial *611 to top up my plan. I always choose the 50 min across Canada/US but this time the menu was changed and I could not find any add-on for Canada so I picked the 1000 min US supposing that it includes Canada as well. But it didn’t work so I assumed I didn’t do it properly so I paid once more! I got so confused. Can you please transfer the money to my previous plan which was the 10$ per month one? The US add-on is useless for me. I am looking forward your reply. Thanks.

To me, this illustrates a text-book example why there should be one long distance add-on with varying amount of usage/credits deducted fom the add-on depending on the destination phone number. This change in long distance add-ons is very recent. Seperate add-ons are now needed which results in the customer possibily spending more if wishing to call multiple countries.  Just a FYI, the $10 plan doesn't include calls to the U.S. Those 50 minutes are only for calling Canadian phone number (or receiving calls).

@Saramoradi 

The calling add ons recently changed but the one you want is still there. The $5/500 min add on. Contact the moderators as per @JoyLuck  suggestion ( I assume).  Or if you choose to send a private message put " bought wrong add on" in the subject line with a detailed message and include the following:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Email, pin # and phone #.

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. If you include all of the info and request the moderators to change your add on for you they will be able to fulfill your request without anymore messages from you. The next message you get will likely tell you they have performed the change. If so ask for a review link if you would like to rate the customer service you have recieved.

Note: the plan you are on is no longer offered so if you choose to change it in the future you will not be able to get it back. Have a great day!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check under data and add-ons to see if you had added US long distance.  Check your fund balance.  You may have added the funds but not selected the add-on.  If you have the funds then try selecting the add-on.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

$10 Canada/US plan? I’m confused.

Do you have a Self Serve online account set up? Can you look there to see where you are at? You may have just added $$ to your account and not done anything with it yet? I dont use the 611 function but I wouldn’t think you can change the plan you want there, only add $ for the plan you are on. Maybe I’m wrong.

You will have to contact moderators if you have actually switched plans to the wrong one. If you just added money to your count it will be there the next time you need it, nothing will be lost.

AE_Collector

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Saramoradi wrote:

Hi

Here’s  how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative):

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.