cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the $10 plan be offered again?

ldjqx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There are many students who need this plan.

8 REPLIES 8

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Maybe due to its popularity that PM could consider offering in the future.  There are no family plans or for people who want a plan for occasion use or emergencies it would meet their needs.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Speakout charges $1.25 per month fixed rate + 30 cents per minutes

($10 - $1.25)/$0.3 = 29.17 minutes

Therefore, for people are using more than 30 minutes at Speakout should have switched to PM $10 50/50 plan before it was cancelled on Oct 6.

($15 - $1.25)/$0.3 = 45.83 minutes

Even with the $15 plan, for people are using more than 46 minutes should switch to PM $15 plan ASAP.  What are you waiting for.  Switch to this $15 plan before PM reading my analysis and cancel the $15 plan.  It is really cheap with unlimited incoming minutes.

Read my post on how I port my Speakout number to PM in 4 hours without asking moderator to help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

@sunflowershine wrote:

@ldjqx You can think about Speakout that you can buy $25 topup that will go for a year. It will be charged by usage. The plan there is quite expensive. You can get a free calling and texting app such as TextNow while you have wifi or internet access. I used to have this way for years. 

Speakout is a totally different beast.  It truly is an emergency use only plan.  While the top up to keep the account alive is cheap, the actual cost of usage is not.  People who use speakout are litterally afraid to use their phone.  The $10 plan is actually quite affordable as measured in usage terms.  Paired with $5/500 minute add-on, it is pennies per minute to make calls. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ldjqx You can think about Speakout that you can buy $25 topup that will go for a year. It will be charged by usage. The plan there is quite expensive. You can get a free calling and texting app such as TextNow while you have wifi or internet access. I used to have this way for years. 

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the $10 plan with the 500 minute addon, plus I use Google hangouts app when anywhere around Wifi.  It's the perfect plan for me, sorry others don't get the chance to purchase it now.

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I bet my Monday turkey that they will not bring it back.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ldjqx, your guess is as good as any other customer's guess.  My wish is they not remove it in the first place.  I think it was a very popular plan among existing customers. 

@ldjqx wrote:

There are many students who need this plan.

There's no way to know. The $15 and $25 plans are reasonably good alternatives.

Need Help? Let's chat.