cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my data charges go over when at limit ?

wolfcruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi team !

Does anyone know if the data limit once reached will continue to tick over, or does it just stop cold turkey ?! I have the $15 a month which only includes 250mb .. I always use my phone with wifi, so I don't rely on my data, but I would like to know when it is on .. will it stop at 250, or will it go over ? I don't want any nasty surprises ! Many thanks community ! 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

@wolfcruise wrote:

Oh that is great to hear - even about the minutes too - I wasn't aware of that. I have 100 minutes with my plan, and I don't really call anyone, they call me ! This is great feedback ! Thank you all !

I appreciate the way it works rather than racking up overage charges though not everyone likes the potential for it to just quit working. Of course this will happen when you really need it the most.

Consider the $5 / 500 minute Canadian Calling add-on as an insurance policy with that plan. It rolls over until used up which could be years from now if you rarely make use of it. No inability to make calls out when you are supposed to be picking up your Mother-In-Law and can’t find her! 

Terry

buzzzman

You get exactly what you paid. PM does not give nasty surprises. You wont get a mb  over 250 mb. This is why I like PM.

wolfcruise

Oh that is great to hear - even about the minutes too - I wasn't aware of that. I have 100 minutes with my plan, and I don't really call anyone, they call me ! This is great feedback ! Thank you all !

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM plans are prepaid so there are no overages.  Once you reach your limit for minutes and/ or data then you will no longer have service unless you purchase an add-on or wait until your renewal date.

wolfcruise

That's great to hear !! Thank you so much !

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

t is a prepaid plan, you cannot go over, you will just simply run out of data

Need Help? Let's chat.