cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my 1GB data promo renew every 30 days?

Kanwalmeet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently noticed a 1GB promo data amount in my self-serve panel. I am currently using the 15 dollar plan with autopay which also gives me 250mb of free data.

Will this 1GB promo renew every 30 days like the other 250mb?

13 REPLIES 13

@softech 

No the smart ones time their suspended accounts for reactivation in December!🎁🎄🎁

.. but if the "naughty" one come back in time before Christmas.. Santa will still give them the xmas gift regardless..  haha

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech 

To be fair... Public Mobile usually gives holiday freebies too which is above and beyond what other customers get elsewhere!  🙂

.. as usual, PM only rewards the "naughty" for coming back.. those who are staying , well behaved got nothing..  😞

@hairbag1 

Of the various accounts I manage ever since spring anyone who reactivated after a long suspension has received  a random promo under "my promotions" mostly the $5/500 min add on but one got the 3gb promo data add on. It just appears a couple of days after reactivation.

@darlicious wrote:

As mentioned by @Anonymous  if you just reactivated its a thank you gift from pm.

Screenshot_20210810-095238~2.png

There is no mention of any bonus anything under My Promotions..yet in My Data & Add-ons I still have remaining various past Holiday Bonus data and Talk.

@Kanwalmeet 

Does the 1GB DATA Promo appear like this one in your account with a data counter and 1/1 ? If so it's a one time promo data add on that will roll over each 30 days til fully consumed then it will disappear. 

As mentioned by @Anonymous  if you just reactivated its a thank you gift from pm.

Screenshot_20210810-095238~2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kanwalmeet : When did you activate? Or was this is a reactivate gift? A picture tells a thousand words...can you post a screenshot of your overview page showing this data? Blank out personal info of course.

BlueB

@Kanwalmeet 

Like others have said, you'll have to check the Terms & Conditions, but it's highly likely a one-time bonus.  I can't say I've really heard of a 1GB Bonus for the $15 plan (unless it's those Holiday freebies so I'm glad you got it!

Those add-ons usually roll-over from cycle to cycle until used up, then it disappears from your account altogether.  I'm guessing that's the case here.  If you have troubles specifically with this, you can message staff, but I'm pretty confident that it's a one-time bonus.

If you have specifics you're still questioning, just give us more details and we can give you some more thoughts!  🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kanwalmeet wrote:

I recently noticed a 1GB promo data amount in my self-serve panel. I am currently using the 15 dollar plan with autopay which also gives me 250mb of free data.

Will this 1GB promo renew every 30 days like the other 250mb?

Probably only a 1 time promo such as Holiday Bonus at Xmas season. Usually, recurring data incentives are targetted for new customers to get the $25 plans and higher.

Even if you do opt to upgrade to a higher price plan...that 1 time data promo amount will stay until you use it up, even if that take several months or more.

pkaraa

@Kanwalmeet no, only 250MB will renew.

If you run out of 250MB then your 1GB kicks in.

If you use 400MB in a month then 250MB from your plan and 150MB from this 1GB will be used.

Next month you ll have 250MB from plan and 850MB from this 1GB promotion left. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to check the terms and conditions.  Most likely that was just a one time bonus.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kanwalmeet  likely not.. I haven't heard of any 1GB promo .. how did you get this?  are you in the West like BC or AB?  I wonder if it is those Summer giveaway in response to Shaw's promo.... 

Need Help? Let's chat.