cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will change of plan lead to loss of promotional data and minutes?

ishaan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

I have a plan of 35$ and i want to reduce it to 25$ but in my account I have promotional offer of 5 gb data and other promotion of 400 international minutes and another 1 GB of data.

i got these on Black friday week.

If i change my plan will I loose these??????

Appreciate your help!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

@user012345 wrote:

The Help bot says I will not lose the bonus

But going through the process to change my plan and it says it will remove any bonus.

It would be nice to have clarity on this to change my plan.

Also looking for a clear answer.

The "Bot" answer is generic.

The message that you WILL lose the bonus when processing a plan change is looking at your scenario.... having a promotion that didn't allow plan changes.

The promotion wording clearly says that you WILL lose tge 5Gb promotion. The rules are quite clear, the only hope with a downgrade of plans is if they didn't code things correctly.  So the only possible further clarification might be from others who have attempted this  change. 

AE_Collector 

@user012345 wrote:

2020-01-16_16-04.png

But going through the process to change my plan and it says it will remove any bonus.

It would be nice to have clarity on this to change my plan.2020-01-16_16-11.png

That isn't the answer that we should be following. The 5GB data activation bonus isn't a "reward".  Public Mobile refers to rewards as being specific plan discounts (autopay, community, loyalty, and refer-a-friend). Things such as $10 off discounts for a few months, free months of service, data bonuses, and one time referral credits are not part of the rewards program.

@user012345 wrote:

I'm talking about the Holiday Bonus 1GB addon, not the plan data.

Except that you didn't say that in your post, nor did your two original screenshots indicate that's what you were referring to.

As opposed to what @AE_Collector  mentioned, I did realize you weren't the OP, but again, your screenshots appeared as though you too were referring to 5GB of data.....

Okay, you aren't the original poster here. When one person in one scenario is suddenly replaced by a different person/scenario it is very possible to get wrong info from us if we miss the switch.

The holiday gift add ons went to everyone no matter what plan they were on and with no strings attached.

The 5Gb add on that the OP asked about (in addition to the holiday add ons) was very specific in that you had to be a new activation on a $35 or higher plan AND the wording was that ANY plan change, up or down would terminate the remainder of the 5 Gb add on.

AE_Collector

user012345

I'm talking about the Holiday Bonus 1GB addon, not the plan data.

2020-01-16_17-04.png

@user012345  No, the bot says you won't lose your "rewards credits", which would be $2 for having auto-pay on your account, or a referral reward, whereas your 2nd screenshot shows what's included in the $40 plan, and what's included in the $15 plan, and 5GB of data is most definitely NOT included in the $15 plan, so it would be ludicrous to think that you could drop down to the $15 plan and still get 5GB of data every 30 days.

user012345

2020-01-16_16-04.png

It would be nice to have clarity on this to change my plan.2020-01-16_16-11.png

The wording of the 5Gb data bonus WAS that you WILL lose it if you switch plans at all, switching up or down in plan cost made no difference. The Christmas gift of 1Gb of data and 400 minutes of international calling dont have any strings attached to them. So, you may well lose the 5Gb of data. I believe I read awhile back of someone testing this and they DID lose the 5Gb but I am not certain. Someone else was able to switch UP to the $40 plan by having a moderator do the switch for them and explaining that they didn't understand that they couldn't switch up in plan value.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No, as far as I know, unless otherwise stated, the promotions are tied to the account, not the plan. 

@ishaan wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a plan of 35$ and i want to reduce it to 25$ but in my account I have promotional offer of 5 gb data and other promotion of 400 international minutes and another 1 GB of data.

i got these on Black friday week.

If i change my plan will I loose these??????

Appreciate your help!!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.