cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will Public Mobile Offer "Unlimited" Data Soon? Lucky Mobile has it....

Lucky Mobile now allows you to continue using data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging at no additional charge once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data.

Do you want Public Mobile do the same soon? If you want this, reply to this post and say "YES". Let's make this a petition.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Will Public Mobile Offer "Unlimited" Data Soon? Lucky Mobile has it....

No thank you.  I'd be pulling my hair out at 128Kbps.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@johnpaul wrote:

Lucky Mobile now allows you to continue using data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging at no additional charge once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data.

Do you want Public Mobile do the same soon? If you want this, reply to this post and say "YES". Let's make this a petition.

@johnpaul  My guess is that they will. Time will tell. Smiley Happy

@srlawren wrote:

This is one of only a handful of Public Mobile related things that I disagree with you on.  As long as Public Mobile doesn't increase prices to implement this, having a speed as slow as 128Kbps is still better than the data not working at all.  I would imagine that if Public Mobile did implement this type of unlimited data, there still would be add-on, early renewal, or immediate plan change options available if more data is needed at faster speeds.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At 128 kbps, chatting in apps like Whatsapp, Viber and Facebook messenger should still work I think. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

It's still much better than paying overages. I think this would be a great idea for cost-conscious customers which PM are marketing towards.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@johnpaul wrote:

At 128 kbps, chatting in apps like Whatsapp, Viber and Facebook messenger should still work I think. 

Absolutely, it would be fine for basic text-based chat and light browsing, etc. The latency is what helps more than anything on LTE...

@jor123 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

It's still much better than paying overages. I think this would be a great idea for cost-conscious customers which PM are marketing towards.

There are no overage charges at Public Mobile.

You must pay before to allow you to use anything here.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been watching this for a while.  If PM does not matching Lucky's unlimited 128K soon, I will probably port to Lucky.  Where I'm at, I use the Bell tower anyway, so it does not make any difference to me if I use either one.  Also, I heard if you stay with Lucky for 2 months, you can migrate to Bell/Virgin for $40/6GB.