cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PM introduce throttled data, like Lucky Mobile, after you go over your data limits?

FlipFone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I may not get an answer, but I'm looking at getting my Mom up on the $25 plan here or at Lucky. I do like that Lucky throttles data. Anyone hear rumours that PM will introduce throttled data once you go over? Take care
10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I prefer to get extra bonus data with autopay on top of already offered data with autopay than the unlimited dialup speed.  

What about an opt in autopay option for $5 500MB data add-on added automatically after using all data in your plan?

davidsworld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Doesn't Lucky have the same rewards? I know the have the $2 auto top up reward.

davidsworld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That would be nice. That seems to be the trend with a lot of carriers now. Hope they do it.

countonalex

I feel like eventually we'll see it, and hopefully they double it to 256kbps just to mess with the competition. 

I would prefer to get eSIM support first (lucky has both eSIM and throttled data), that way you can buy another sim card for more data if required. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FlipFone wrote:
Yep, that's why it seems to have a slight edge over PM at this price point.

It depends on what is important to you.

If lower cost with PM rewards is important to you, stay with PM.

If you want to pay a bit more and get unlimited data at slow speed, go to PM competitors.

For me, I like PM free service with rewards.

Haven't really looked at Lucky. Do they offer 4 different reward types to reduce monthly bill like Public Mobile offers?

Just making an assumption but if other companies are offering this type of data in prepaid. I'd presume PM is aware of it and working on an offer of their own..

FlipFone
Yep, that's why it seems to have a slight edge over PM at this price point.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so there are no overages.  Most plans are 3G and once you reach your limit you would either have to purchase an add-on or wait until you next renewal.  Lucky throttles data when you continue to use data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging at no additional charge once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data.

FlipFone
... 😉 ... yeah I'm just wondering how long folks have been asking for the throttled data?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Never know what the future might hold

Need Help? Let's chat.