cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I still get a Plan Promotion if it ends before my Sim card arrives in the mail?

Jamesblack90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased a Sim card from Public Mobile. The plan I want is ending in 2 days. Will I still get the promotional plan I want? @CS_Agent

15 REPLIES 15

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@Jamesblack90 a possible solution. I think @SD08  has /had a bunch of sim cards. He was offering them free to people if they used his number as a referral (using the 25+25 promo)   If he is still offering them you could make arrangements with him activate the sim card last day of the promotion. Then when your sim arrives do a sim swap in self serve 

@SD08 sorry if it was not you offering  this 

@mimmo

Yes, I was the one offering sims.  Looks like Stonechucker has kindly stepped forward to help with this already.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Jamesblack90, check your inbox - I've already sent you an offer to activate a SIM for you.  I have a couple at my home.

See the red blob above a little envelope icon in the upper right of this window? That's your inbox.

@Jamesblack90, check your inbox - I've already sent you an offer to activate a SIM for you.  I have a couple at my home.

mimmo

@Jamesblack90 a possible solution. I think @SD08  has /had a bunch of sim cards. He was offering them free to people if they used his number as a referral (using the 25+25 promo)   If he is still offering them you could make arrangements with him activate the sim card last day of the promotion. Then when your sim arrives do a sim swap in self serve 

@SD08 sorry if it was not you offering  this 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamesblack90 wrote:

Thats great that you could buy a Sim there. As a new customer this is a new company to me and I do not know were these sims are sold in stores. I was not about to drive that far to look around for a sim card. I purchased the card online and then realized the site would not let me choose a plan until the sim card was activated. Really this is a flaw in their system. They should allow users with a registered account to choose their desired plan right away and then just activate the Sim once it comes in the mail. @CS_Agent

Walmart, London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will all sell you a SIM.

Unfortunately, many Walmarts won't sell you just the SIM.

And...there will be more promo's. At least you saw the promo first. I didn't. Then all these promos came and went. Rats.

Jamesblack90

Thats great that you could buy a Sim there. As a new customer this is a new company to me and I do not know were these sims are sold in stores. I was not about to drive that far to look around for a sim card. I purchased the card online and then realized the site would not let me choose a plan until the sim card was activated. Really this is a flaw in their system. They should allow users with a registered account to choose their desired plan right away and then just activate the Sim once it comes in the mail. @CS_Agent

@Jamesblack90 wrote:

Today

You are not going to get the SIM delivery on time for sure.  You could put on a set of knee pads, message the moderator team and plead your case to see whether they would do something for you on an exception basis.  Recognize that it is tough for them to say yes to one customer and no to everyone else.  It is a long shot, but if you can't make it to a physical store, it is worth a try. 

Jamesblack90

Today

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamesblack90 wrote:

I live in Temgami, It does not even have a Grocery store open year round. 

And I live 2 hours away from a place I can buy a SIM. I go to that larger centre on occassion. I bought the SIM on one of those occassions.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jamesblack90

When did you order the sim?

Jamesblack90

Well I am a little ticked that I paid 11 dollars for a Sim card and now will miss the Promotion that I was hoping to get. If I cannot get the same promotion or a better one once it arrives I will be a pretty upset first time customer. 

Jamesblack90

I live in Temgami, It does not even have a Grocery store open year round. 

mimmo

Why not buy a sim in a retail location like London drugs wow mobile superstores k mobile or Walmart.

If your sim arrives after the promo ends you can. Not get the promotion.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jamesblack90

Unless you get activated before the end of the promo you wont be able to get it...but promos are offered quite often..its the right time right place scenario..

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jamesblack90, as long as you complete the activation within the offer windows, you will get the offer.  The promotions will be removed from the system when they expire.  You will know very easily if you can still get it or not.  If you are too late, you will no longer have the option to select the promotional plan. 

Need Help? Let's chat.