cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my one time 5 GB data?

Tom19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on RBC promo plan and getting $10 off for 6 months and got one-time 5bg data. Now, before 6 months are over, I would like in my next renewal to switch my plan to $15 plan. My question is that will I lose the one-time credit of 5GB from my account?

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tom19 wrote:

I am on RBC promo plan and getting $10 off for 6 months and got one-time 5bg data. Now, before 6 months are over, I would like in my next renewal to switch my plan to $15 plan. My question is that will I lose the one-time credit of 5GB from my account?

@Tom19  No you will not lose it. The 5GB is considered a one time bonus add-on and is associated with your account and not your plan so even if you switch plans the 5GB will remain in your account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tom19 wrote:

@Tom19   I think you shouldn't change your plan until the 6 months are over because you may lose that bonus data if the plan becomes inactive or rate plan is changed.

You can take a look at this thread for some of the conditions mentioned: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FYI-Until-Sept-30-RBC-customers-10-off-...

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Nope

Family member had a similar deal, but not RBC, he still has it after changing the plan.

I believe it says someplace explicitly once one tone add-on is applied to your account you have it until you use it up.

Side advice

Keep enough money for the current plan on the account. When you downgrade with autopay there is some kind of bug that won't renew unless you have enough for your old plan. Not everyone is affected though

Need Help? Let's chat.