cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why were incoming calls not going through?

Micco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on the 50 minute limited plan and my usage shows all minutes consumed.  I was advised earlier today that phone calls to my cell were automatically going to my voicemail.  My phone DID NOT RING when I was expecting a call at a certain time of time.  My missed calls does not show a few calls that I am advised I missed.  My usage in the past week shows numerous calls to 306-580-4001 which I understand is the voicemail number.  I HAVE NOT called that number myself.

My addons show 400 international long distance and 67/1000 Canada long distance minutes left. 

QUESTIONS:  When my monthly 50 minutes are used I assume any further minutes used will go toward one of the addons ie Canada long distance.  Correct?

Why would my phone not ring when a call came in?

Why do unanswered incoming missed calls not show in the "missed calls"? 

16 REPLIES 16

frankysplace

When I was having problems receiving calls, I did this on my iPhone; go to settings then select cellular, then select cellular data options, tap on voice and data and select 3G. This seems to have fixed the issue with receiving phone calls and all signal issues. 

@canuckhills wrote:

Thank you for your several listed solutions.  Mine was 'call forwarding on' and redirected to the former number I'd used in the US.  Turned it off and we're now 100% and VERY grateful for your advice!

Ahhh, perfect - thanks for the update... All makes sense now. Yeah - Public Mobile's network does not support call forwarding to a US number at all, even if you have a plan, add-on, or roaming for US calling - It may appear to accept the forwarding number - but my own tests show any calls to your number will immediately fail with a fast busy, apparent endless ring, or other error.

Good to hear you figured it out! - N

canuckhills
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your several listed solutions.  Mine was 'call forwarding on' and redirected to the former number I'd used in the US.  Turned it off and we're now 100% and VERY grateful for your advice!

@softech wrote:

Only work until I power off and pull the sim

I am trying to understand why pulling SIM might resolve this issue?

Why not simple power off/on will not do it. How pulling SIM out of turned off phone might resolve it? Really interesting...

QCGreen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Forcing the phone to 3G fixed it for me immediately. Not an issue for me since i try not to use data when i'm away from wifi anyway.

Since Public Mobile supports LTE for data only and not for calls, the phone quickly has to switch from LTE to 3G to take the call. If there is capacity issues or weak signal on the 3G network at that moment, the incoming call may take some time to register or be missed.

Because of this, it might be interesting to see if disabling LTE mode might help in your situation by forcing the phone to remain on the 3G network all the time, and also allow you to monitor signal strength etc when not on a call.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

try power off the phone, pull out the SIM .. wait a min and put it back 

it happens to me once.. I call out no problem until my friends told me they called me couple days and no one answered.. of course.. my phone didn't ring.   A normal reboot didn't fix it.  Only work until I power off and pull the sim

hope that helps

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@rogue17 

Have you tried contacting a moderator to see if resetting your account might help?

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rogue17 

A lot of your posts seem to suggest all the issues you're having are unique to Public Mobile, and it seems you think you wouldn't likely be having these 'issues' with other suppliers.

Do you really feel that way?

Sounds to me that may not be the case and some may be within your own control.

rogue17

Yes I am having this problem as well. Phone doesn't ring but I will get a missed called. 

Besides that, Sometimes when I am on a call it PM drops the call.

Also when people call me, they get voicemail. The call doesn't go through. 

All was fine during the first months when I signed up with Public Mobile but now it has gone down hill. People here will say it s the phone or something. Anything but put blame on the Network.

Considering that Telus does not have a call centre with agents for Public Mobile so they are saving alot of money. therefore more should be invested in the Public Mobile brand in terms of fixing these issues. 

I will definitely leave Public Mobile if there is a similar offer from the other budget brands.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Micco 

I've posted about this in the forums several times. This is an ongoing issue with public mobile, and I know 2 other people that constantly have this problem. Public mobile refuses to acknowledge this problem... there must be something that is fundamentally wrong with their network and that they're hiding. Please let me know if you ever get this solved... my hunch is that you won't

Jukebox

Maybe the do not disturbed feature on your phone has been enabled?

Micco

I think there must have been a temporary "issue" for not receiving calls.  It appears to have rectified itself.  

I did check all my settings as others suggested but everything was OK

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Micco ,

Are you an iphone user (many of these apply to androids too)? you could see these tips.

Try these quick tips to stop calls going to voicemail without ringing:

• See if you inadvertently switched your phone to mute,, i don't thing this one applies here.
  • For iOS 13+, check Settings > Phone and toggle off Silence Unknown Callers
  • Look to see if you enabled Airplane Mode
  • If you use any apps that block spam calls, try turning these off or uninstalling them
  • Make sure your phone has service and that you don’t see a “no service” message
  • Check your blocked call list
  • Make sure call forwarding is off
  • Check if Do Not Disturb is on and if you’re driving (or a passenger) that Do Not Disturb While Driving isn’t on
  • If you have an Apple Watch, check that do not disturb is not enabled there
  • Look and see if the Phone Setting Announce Calls is set to always

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Micco ,

Do you have any call blocking enabled?

If you do want to connect with the Public Mobile Moderators, as @computergeek541 posts (incase this is an issue with your account), 

There are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1601517242610.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Micco wrote:

QUESTIONS:  When my monthly 50 minutes are used I assume any further minutes used will go toward one of the addons ie Canada long distance.  Correct?

Why would my phone not ring when a call came in?

Why do unanswered incoming missed calls not show in the "missed calls"? 

Your phone would still ring if you have a long distance add-on (which Public Mobile allows to be used to add more minutes).  Those outgoing calls that say to a destination of "ALL" are not really outgoing calls. They do not use minutes.

A phone can't record calls as missed in the call log if it isn't aware that they've come in. This could mean a local network issue, or could indication an issue with your account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.