cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why public mobile not matching other provider unlimited data offer (throttled after some limit)

guru2gr8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As I am just checking other websites & find other provider offer unlimited data (throttled after some limit) for all their plans. So I would request public mobile administrator match this offer to public mobile users also, thanks  

12 REPLIES 12

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Adding unlimited data may mean losing one or more of the rewards PM offers. PM plans save members money. A great deal all-round.

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The reason is the top 3 still control the market. It's all about coorporate greed.

The Government mandated them to open the airwaves to small companies for better competition and cheaper plans. They bought out the small companies except for freedom Mobile which is owned by Shaw. At the end of the day they just offer the bare minimum at a cheaper price to satisfy our very corrupted CRTC. Thus Canada is one of the most expensive countries in the world when it comes to cell phone service.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Triguy wrote:

The top tier providers like Telus and Bell offer telephone support call centers, unlimited data, and family plan sharing.

If that's what "defines" top tier, then I'll take third tier any day. 

As a corporate customer of the top three, I can honestly say that their job was to simply retain  customers. Complain loudly enough and they'd give you whatever you wanted.  But they never gave anything for nothing and used credits to resolve any issue that arose.

The top tier providers like Telus and Bell offer telephone support call centers, unlimited data, and family plan sharing.

jimbobs

@Triguy wrote:

I doubt PM will do this for the foreseeable future. PM is a third tier provider and does not offer unlimited data.  Once you use up your data then it just stops. The other providers offer unlimited data but also their cost is much higher.

What do you mean by this? IMHO, PM is a top-tier provider because it runs on a first rate network, with first rate coverage at really good prices.  Their rewards program is also top-tier and better than anything I've ever received from Bell, Rogers or Telus.

pmmobile

It may be difficult for PM to offer unlimited data while also maintaining their rewards structure. However, unlimited data is also an opportunity to attract more people to PM as the rewards are their competitive advantage

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy both lucky and chatr I believe offer unlimited data. At a very slow speed. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I doubt PM will do this for the foreseeable future. PM is a third tier provider and does not offer unlimited data.  Once you use up your data then it just stops. The other providers offer unlimited data but also their cost is much higher.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@guru2gr8  will they match unlimited who knows maybe. I guess we could also ask PM match the other providers offerings by  removing the various rewards they offer customers?  just saying it works both ways.  its probably easier justto get a data plan that suits your needs rather than depending on throttled unlimted  data. ( i have not experienced teh throttled data so i can't speak to it properly)

Never know what future holds but one thing other providers don't offer...is 4 different ways to lower your monthly bill 😀

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

There is no indication this will happen. I wouldn't wait for it. You can send your request to the moderators if you like, but if you like that set up better, you'll likely have to research another provider.

That being said, the 3G plans with PM are very competitive and if you select the right plan, you don't have to worry about ever running out. On the very rare occasion, you may have to renew early, but I think the savings at PM will win over time.

It's your choice where and for what to spend your money tho.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@guru2gr8 wrote:

As I am just checking other websites & find other provider offer unlimited data (throttled after some limit) for all their plans. So I would request public mobile administrator match this offer to public mobile users also, thanks  

For now Public Mobile is not matching the throttled data, but you never know for the future.  You always have the option to go to the carrier that is offering the best deal for you also.

Need Help? Let's chat.