cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my 1 free G of data gone without using it?

novafredo3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

5 REPLIES 5

My holiday data add on was being used even though I was on WiFi. My August bonus data add on had a tiny bit used previous to the new one being added and remained untouched. I didnt even have the data for that SIM card enabled. I had it turned on my other SIM card. The one that currently has no service due to the whatever renewal glitch is going on....but my promo data add ons are getting used even though i have no service. And theyre using data even though i was at home on wifi. Very strange data usage going on.... after 7 hours I got a message from a moderator to verify my account....even though I actually used Simon for once. I responded within 15 minutes and now nothing.....obviously everyone's gone home for the night but there was 10 hours left in the work day when I responded. What happened ? Moderator strike? Enmasse sick day? Lay offs.....?

I noticed that someone posted a screen shot showing that some of each of the two 1Gb data add-ons that they had was used. I would have assumed one data add-on would be killed off before a second one was started but not in that case. There might be a clue in there somewhere if the new add-on was started even though a previously tapped add-on (likely they Sept gift) was still partially used.

I have two add ins including the new one added this morning and nothing has been used from either yet. I have plan data in use at the moment.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@novafredo3 wrote:

One of my accounts consumes the gift data very quickly for no apparent reason when data is on. When data is off it stops consuming. The other 5gb promo data isn't affected. I have no plan data. Perhaps you had data on and it used it all in a short amount of time. My other account seems fine.

I am not clear if people are saying their plan data depleted very quickly then some of the 1Gb data was used as well OR if plan data is normal but the 1Gb data add-in is or has vanished. When something is used up it disappears from the add-ons list in SelffServe. It doesn't show 1024 of 1024 Mb used.

AE_Collector

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@novafredo3 wrote:

This is a commonly reported problem this evening. Check the Announcement section tomorrow to see if there's a resolution. I'm sure the moderators will make your data correct once the issue is resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.