cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why family’s can not share data ?

hinamirza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , I like to ask why public donot offer family sharing data and minutes .

14 REPLIES 14

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hinamirza wrote:

Public Mobile, like Lucky and Chatr, is a 3rd tier provider for people who just want basic service and cheap prices.  If they add a bunch of frills most people don't want or need, pretty soon it would be as pricey as the 1st tiers.

Remember how Oneplus phones started out at $299, and now they're getting close to $1000?  Like that.  Upward bloativity.

@will13am wrote:

Those family plans are not without cost for sharing.  It's like going to a restaurant ask to share a single meal among two people.  There will be a charge for an empty plate.  Two separate plans here probably cost less per person than a share plan.

No charge for empty plate and utensils at Swiss Chalet! Robot LOL  Too much high living for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM does't have family plans. If you want to share your data, you can be a HOTSPOT.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM wrote:

@wangce2007 wrote:

You can use the hotspot 

Reasonable option as long as your family member is close by.

@LovesToPM and you don't mind draining the battery of the device with mobile data much quicker than otherwise.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@wangce2007 wrote:

You can use the hotspot 

Reasonable option as long as your family member is close by.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@hinamirza wrote:

The main competitors for PM are Lucky and Chatr.

As none of them offer this, PM will not be offering it any time soon.

wangce2007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can use the hotspot 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hinamirza 

Shared family plan are usually provided by the postpaid providers.

PM is a prepaid provider.  I have not find a single prepaid provider in Canada which offers family shared plan.  Lucky, Chatr, Speakout, PetroCanada Mobile etc do not offer family shared plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Those family plans are not without cost for sharing.  It's like going to a restaurant ask to share a single meal among two people.  There will be a charge for an empty plate.  Two separate plans here probably cost less per person than a share plan.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I suspect to keep it simple hence cheaper. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Not their business model.

@hinamirza wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hinamirza wrote:

That is just Public Mobiles' way of business.  The cheap no-frill plan is what public is all about.  If you are looking for family share plans with the Telus network you will need to look at Koodo or Telus.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@hinamirza wrote:

@hinamirza  Do you mean several users per one account? If so, PM allows to have only one user per account... 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately Public Mobile does not offer family plans. One email address per account.

Only option you would have is if one family member still has data to make the phone a hotspot that another family member could connect to when they are in vincinty of one another 

Need Help? Let's chat.