cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the $15 plan show as two transaction payment types?

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just curious.  Was reviewing my payent history and realized that my $15 plan shows as two transactions.  $10 for 30 day plan.  And $5 for 100 minutes Canada wide.  Why not just show this as one transaction and call the transaction "$15 plan"?

6 REPLIES 6

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My $25 plan show as $15+$10.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This breakdown thing has its roots from the plan builder days.  There was no such thing as a ready made plan.  There was a base charge of $10 for 30 days and $30 for 90 days, sort of like a service charge for being a customer.  As you add plan features, the charges would add on top of the base cost.  With plan builder there would be discounts for selecting multi features.  The highest discount was given when all three of calling, text and data was selected.  I have the legacy $120/12GB/90 day plan.  I continue to see the same cost structure in the payment history despite the removal of plan builder.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

It's the PM way @mobileguy  The way of the PM.

@mobileguy wrote:

Just curious.  Was reviewing my payent history and realized that my $15 plan shows as two transactions.  $10 for 30 day plan.  And $5 for 100 minutes Canada wide.  Why not just show this as one transaction and call the transaction "$15 plan"?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mobileguy  I suspect because the system was originally designed to allow customers the ability to build their own plans. So everything was itemized.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's just traditionally broken into base+plan.

Pretty much all but 10 plan come in the form of 10+(plan-10)

Users used to be able to make their own plan where 30 day base was 10 and the rest would add up. There were some predone plans that were usually deal

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mobileguy wrote:

Other than the now defunct $10 plan, I think they all have multiple lines.

I say this is a bit of a baling twine and gum operation. I think I've read here once upon a time that this system was bought from some other different provider (or maybe the original Public Mobile) and gerry-rigged around and wrestled to the ground to do what they need it to do...barely.

Need Help? Let's chat.