cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it cost more to have no text?

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was messing around in the plan builder last night, and noticed that if you wanted the 8 gig, Canada USA calling, with international text - it's 50$. If you wanted the same, only without text, it's 75$. Went through a few of the other plans, with similar rate discrepancies.

Why is it cheaper to have text than not to have text? This isn't an emergency or anything, but enquiring minds want to know.

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The plans are based on  bulk discount. Pick 1 item pay full price,  pick 2 get a discount, pick 3 get a bigger discount. Its like when you go to superstore butb1 item pay x buy groups of two pay $y.

The builder used to show the discount  but people found it confusing so they got rid of it.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Chanah wrote:

I was messing around in the plan builder last night, and noticed that if you wanted the 8 gig, Canada USA calling, with international text - it's 50$. If you wanted the same, only without text, it's 75$. Went through a few of the other plans, with similar rate discrepancies.

Why is it cheaper to have text than not to have text? This isn't an emergency or anything, but enquiring minds want to know.

Plan builder gives you discount for having 2 items and an even bigger discount for having 3. it's not only text. Some options voice is cheaper than no voice, and data is cheaper than no data. They also give discounts for "specific combinations"

There used to be a time when public mobile showed the customers of their discount. They have removed it but it USED to look like this.

I really wish they did not remove it, but with a little bit of spreadsheet you can figure out the exact amounts yourself if you take the time to make every combination. I really hate how public mobile removes things because of the few people it confuses.

discounts.png

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They were once fixed rate plans. If options match exactly to what it was when it were offered earlier, it will result in the $50 price. If things are altered, then it depends on what they have set individually.

Need Help? Let's chat.