cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are there 2 USA calling options available?

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

After looking at the addons for calling the USA, I noticed there are 2 options. The first one is 1000 minutes for $15, but lower down it says you can get unlimited USA talk for $8. I'm curious as to why anyone would even sign up for the 1000 minutes at almost double the cost of the unlimited option? Is it because the 1000 minutes never expire whereas the unlimited minutes option is a monthly charge? 

5 REPLIES 5

@WoozyPolarBear 

I don't disagree that Public Mobile could use every day langauge rather than a term that many people do not undersrand, but the $8 add-on that you've mentioned is described as a roaming add-on.  When you're connected to the Public Mobile network, there's no roaming involved.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry, I guess my mistake. The wording on the addon isn't very detailed at all. I find it is easy for others to get confused as I was. They should indicate that the $8 is for calls from within the USA.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WoozyPolarBear .. one is roaming in US.. one is Long distance to US  🙂

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WoozyPolarBear :Add ons never reoccur monthly or reoccur at any time until you but then again - is one of the add on you talking about roaming inside the United States as opposed to calling the United States from Canada?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WoozyPolarBear 

The $15 option is for 1000 US long-distance minutes when calling from Canada to the US. It is correct that this add-on does not expire and stays on your account until it is consumed.

The $8 option is for US talk while you are physically in the US. It expires 10 days after it is added to the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.