cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are people so bound by the big 3?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Alright,

I need some leverage here and explanation why ssomeone should leave Bell, Rogers or Telus NOW. I am having conversations with people that will not part with these because of contracts. Yes I have informed them about their right to cancel lol. But even telling people that their bill could be 75% lower they still wont leave the old ball and chain.

so those of you please provide me reasons to come to Public and leave those other guys.

This will help me brong more people over btw. 

cheers

naepalm

37 REPLIES 37

@Naepalm wrote:

Alright,

I need some leverage here and explanation why ssomeone should leave Bell, Rogers or Telus NOW. I am having conversations with people that will not part with these because of contracts. Yes I have informed them about their right to cancel lol. But even telling people that their bill could be 75% lower they still wont leave the old ball and chain.

so those of you please provide me reasons to come to Public and leave those other guys.

cheers

naepalm

@Naepalm wrote:

Alright,

cheers

naepalm

To me, when it comes to switching to Public Mobile, it's really only about one thing: rewards

Without those, I can't see Public Mobile as being any different than the competition, within the exception that there is no call centre at Public.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

To many, savings is not necessarily the priority.  If they can afford it, they don't bother with change.  Just to think, if everyone switched to Public Mobile, Telus would raise prices.  Those at Telus are subsidizing us.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm Just because they are well-known and have a good social proof. PM is new for them, and its low cost can mean a bad quality of service to their mind.

Comfort. Familiarity. Convenience. Hassle. Math. Awareness. Lackadaisicalness and allegedly a free phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comfort. Familiarity. Convenience. Hassle. Math. Awareness.

I don't wish to bother people more than once maybe twice. In one case, I apparently made the mistake of mentioning that I could get a small reward if they signed up with my referral. It was like the lights went out. Done. Discussion over. Of course they don't have to use my referral but game over.

But then another I had planted the seed some time before and then they chose a time to activate. They did really well with all the Black Friday promos.

The mothers in my life independently both have simple flip phones and with the basic Telus pay as you go. I'd love to have them over but it's not worth it for them to spend more here until maybe they draw down the balance they had deposited in their accounts. It was a weird confusing thing they were on that I still don't understand but Telus moved those customers over to a $3 plan and they're drawing down those balances.

Anyway...no one likes a pushy salesperson. Inquire. Nod politely. Mention the differences and move on. If they seem susceptible then add more detail and maybe you're making them think.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Confused mind always says no.  I learned this golden rule when I was looking for real estate investor to invest in rental properties with me.

It is up to you, as a referrer, to explain and answer any question they have.  Make sure that they understand what they are getting into. 

I always do the calculation with my referees.  Show them exactly what they are paying every 30 days.  

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Alright,

cheers

naepalm

Im trying to convince family members, some  because, of contracts, others loyalty to one the 3, others i believe, just don't care to look for better deals, some are surprised at the cost, on the Teuls network. Hopefully these hard times will make people, look at ways to save, including their phone plans

Need Help? Let's chat.