cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are incoming calls counting towards my minutes?

megaman123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Logged into my account and it said this:

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
25 / 100 MIN

My plan says:

$15
100 minutes
Canada-wide talk
Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
Unlimited incoming calls
Bonus 250 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed with AutoPay
Voicemail & Call Display

I'm pretty sure I've made about 7 minutes of outgoing calls during this time as I have a work cell that I use to make most outgoing calls.

I also just signed up my father in law with the same plan and told him incoming calls are unlimited so just ask that person to call you if you plan on having a long conversation.

Am I reading things wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Checking your voicemail from your phone will count as an outgoing call. Use another phone to check your voicemail.

@megaman123 when you go into your usage history, set the history for the time period indicated. Ie 7 days, 1 month, by date. And tap on the duration header, until it shows descending by time used. 

megaman123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thx. I did make some like 20 second calls, and it shows in the usage history as 20 seconds, but I guess it counts those as 1 minute each time. Actually made several short calls to test things out the first day.

The problem with the usage history is that when I tell it sort by type, it doesn't work. I don't want to go through 7 days of usage and finding all the outgoing calls page after page and counting them up.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@megaman123 You aren't reading it wrong. However, the minutes are counted to the nearest minute and calls to voicemail are also counted. So, 1 minute 7 seconds  is actually counted as 2 minutes.  Please check your usage history to confirm this. Thanks.

To add to this, the 500 minutes,  $5 addon is a good one to get if you have the $15 plan. It doesn't expire until used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.