Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are add on's so expensive

ivanwill123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I believe you mean the data plans. The phone plan add on 500 minutes Canada Wide long distance for $5 is an excellent deal. 

The data plans are pricier with $30 for 1GB plan and $10 for 200MB add on. If you need more data upgrading your plan to the next best thing is worth it. 

Upgrading the $40 plan to the $50 plan gets you an extra 3.5gb. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Talk add-ons are very affordable.

1c/min Canada, 4c/min long distance countries is very competitive.

So you are probably referring to data packages.

The fact is that is 1g was $5 almost nobody would get any other plan but 15, some who are big talkers would go for 25.

$10/1g would make 35 plan absolutely obsolete and many who are on 40 just because it's only $5 more than 35 but you get so much more would also downgrade to 25.

I believe $10 would still be great option for both users and the house, as everybody would be much less cautious about their usage and would be much more likely to buy that add-on, so the house would still get the same. 

But yes 30 is too much in my opinion

Ckyaimee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The data add on is expensive but it rolls over to the next month - your best bet would likely be to change to a higher data plan! 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

We got free add ons during Christmas.

Because that’s a standard marketing tactic, as nice as it was.

yanzhiqiang

We got free add ons during Christmas.

XionBunny

In short, because it’s telus.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ivanwill123  Public Mobile prices the data add-on high because they would prefer that you move to a higher priced plan instead of using the add-on.

@popping wrote:

@ivanwill123 

It depends on which add-on.

The $5 500 Canada wide minutes is very cheap. It is only 1 cent per minute.  It is like getting a calling card without dialing the long string of numbers.

If you want more data, you can change to a plan which meets your monthly usage patterns.

I agree, addons are quite expensive for PM. Hope, they will decrease price eventually.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Add-on data is priced higher due to the non-expiring attribute.  I do agree it is still expensive which means I won't ever buy it.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ivanwill123 

It depends on which add-on.

The $5 500 Canada wide minutes is very cheap. It is only 1 cent per minute.  It is like getting a calling card without dialing the long string of numbers.

If you want more data, you can change to a plan which meets your monthly usage patterns.

Need Help? Let's chat.