cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting charged for incoming calls - $15 plan

Ron2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My understanding of the $15 plan is that I do not get charged for incoming calls. However it seems I am getting charged for incoming calls. On a search I found some posts saying there was a $15 plan that did not include unlimited incoming calls. I have no idea which $15 plan I have. I originally signed up for a $10 plan in April 2019 and then switched to a $15 plan a few months later. My $15 plan is described as follows:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 minutes Limited Canada-Wide Talk
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Texts

Am I able to switch to the $15 that includes unlimited incoming calls? If so, how do I go about doing that?

15 REPLIES 15

Yes seems to me the $15 plan was launched around March-April 2019 and it did include 100 minutes only, no unlimited incoming. It didn't go for too long before changing to unlimited incoming. I first tried it for a month switching at the very beginning of May, likely May 1 and it was unlimited incoming by then. So it must have changed just after @Ron2switched to it.

While Ron2 could grab the $5/500 minute add on in case he does run out, he should hopefully have the 400 minute international calling gift add-on which will pick up any extra outgoing calling and hopefully works for incoming as well (?) until he is switched to unlimited incoming? But Ron2 had to react to the text messages last December to claim the Christmas gift and if not, forget I mentioned it!

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@CannonFodder...guess I wasn't paying close enuff attention. Didn't think there was a plan that didn't unlimited include incoming.

Now I know...thanks

Really!? 😯  According to your registration date, you've been around here considerably longer than I have.... guess it's just one of those things you didn't notice before..... 🤔 

It's called a brain fart. That plan was only available for a short time and almost a year ago. I would bet he helped many people a year ago with that detail. Oh well. Happens to all of us.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@CannonFodder...guess I wasn't paying close enuff attention. Didn't think there was a plan that didn't unlimited include incoming.

Now I know...thanks

Really!? 😯  According to your registration date, you've been around here considerably longer than I have.... guess it's just one of those things you didn't notice before..... 🤔 

Now I know...thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Ron2 wrote:

My understanding of the $15 plan is that I do not get charged for incoming calls. However it seems I am getting charged for incoming calls. On a search I found some posts saying there was a $15 plan that did not include unlimited incoming calls. I have no idea which $15 plan I have. I originally signed up for a $10 plan in April 2019 and then switched to a $15 plan a few months later. My $15 plan is described as follows:

• - 250 MB at 3G speed

Am I able to switch to the $15 that includes unlimited incoming calls? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Looks like you have the correct plan...what makes you think you're paying for incoming calls ?

The newer version mentions unlimited incoming. This customer has the original version. Very close timing on his part though because the original version wasn't around for very long.

Edit: ninja'd

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Ron2 wrote:

• - 250 MB at 3G speed

Looks like you have the correct plan...what makes you think you're paying for incoming calls ?

Probably because the plan description the OP included isn't described the same way as the current $15 plan, like below:

100 minutes Canada-wide talk
Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
Unlimited incoming calls
Bonus 250 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed with AutoPay
Voicemail & Call Display

Ron2

Thanks for the help. I made the switch effective on my next payment date. 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ron2  You might have the Older 15$ plan??

If you wanted to switch to the newer Make sure you renew the plan for the "next renewal date" and not make the change right away.

It will change you the 15$ right away if you choose to update it now and you will lose out on the current plan.

cheers

@Ron2  the difference is in the wording. You can buy the 500 minute, $5 Canada wide add on to tide you over for the week. It doesn't expire until used up. Here is an article on buying add ons . https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

@Ron2 you can get the 500 minutes for 5 dollars in the meantime if you like, it stays on your plan until it's all used up

Ron2

I am a week or so from renewal and am showing I have used 98 minutes out of an available 100 minutes. I reviewed my usage history and I have accumulated about 5 minutes outgoing call time and 93 minutes of incoming calls. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ron2  of course you can switch your plan to the new $15 one. It's better to switch on the next renewal date. Here's an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

And this is the plan to switch to.

Screenshot_20200323-005503.jpg

To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. Thank you

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Ron2  hi you just need to update your plan go into your self serve and change plan to15 dollar plan for your next renewal

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ron2 wrote:

• - 250 MB at 3G speed

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You have to switch

Make sure you select to switch at the next renewal date

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi... 

Need Help? Let's chat.