cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Who's heard of the Public Mobile data scam?

Your phone should have a page (under settings) that shows your data usage. If that usage is the same as your account usage, then there is no scam, and your phone is consuming the actual data. Having said that, I have noticed that throughout the day, my account usage and phone usage don't always line up. Sometime my account shows higher usage than my phone, but but the end of the day, things settle down and the phone and account usages are more or less the same. As said earlier, make sure your data is turned off while on wifi and under app settings, don't allow any apps to use background data

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am always amazed by the people that come on here shouting SCAM, LAWSUIT, FRAUD, BBB COMPLAINT, CRTC etc etc rather than rationally explaining that they have an issue, can someone explain it, help them out or direct them to a moderator.

I have yet to see one account of these types of accusations validated. Of course I also can't recall someone making these claims come back and say oops, my bad, sorry.....

Life is too short to be that wound up and upset from the beginning.

My 2 cents

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kevenv 

I'm less amazed by these claims. They suggest the opposite of rational logic - finding facts to support your bias - observing results which apparently prove your expectations, discarding results which might disprove your expectations. Or they suggest another opposite of rational logic - defensively kneejerking panic or aggressively lashing of anger.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kevenv  link below from a few weeks ago came back and said "my bad". You were tagged in their reply

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/30-Day-Plan-is-really-a-27-Day-Plan/m-p...

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 I stand corrected, or better yet, my bad. I should pay closer attention.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know for iPhones they have wifi assist and that really eats up your data. If you are on a wifi that is slower than your data your phone will switch to use your data

Need Help? Let's chat.