cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who evaluated my usage to warrant this message? Not a comforting feeling!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

B17EC7BE-F557-49BE-BCBC-C3761D47B594.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech I don't think AI decides or judges anyone for offers.  I think decsisons are already made and they program rules by price plan or length of customer tenure.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I think these are left with AI to decide who to send the offer or not.. probably those really high usage users will get.. but i imagine they will randomly send to others not so high usage users, too.  After all, these all done technically and an SMS "cold cold" like this is no cost to Telus.   They will certainly make more profile for everyone they able to convince to "upgrade" to Koodo or even Telus.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It's been a while since the Koodo migration offers came to Public Mobile.  I have been there and back.  Haven't got the offer this time.  Maybe they learned that I am not a good target.  

It seems to me one of the purposes of 3rd tier providers for the big 3 (Bell, Rogers, TELUS) is to draw in new or younger customers and to slowly migrate them up the food chain. 

I've decided to instead start up the food chain, and work my way down.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

My daughter is on the $15 plan and got the message as well.  Just trying to get customers up the food chain by dangling either more/faster data and FREE(subsidized) phones.  Someone will probably find it worthwhile to jump.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I just got off the phone with somebody who also received the texts and didn't really understand what is going on. He started actually freaking out.

He uses less than 50 megs monthly.

I think I figured out why he got it, he has prehistoric phone that he really loves and won't let go. He takes it to be fixed and orders batteries. Since they have access to your hardware info you may be tagged as a good candidate if you look fresh and ready for some hw upgrade

I am aware of the Telus subsidiaries.......but as far as usage......I am not a good candidate. At this point I will leave myself to allow offers...just to see what they are. I really like PM and the value vs cost vs my ex Telus prepaid......PM was a secret I guess as I never new about PM until about 1.5 years ago. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

These kinds of offers are sent based on users usage. It's all automatically generated and gets sent out. I doubt anyone is manually watching how much of services people actually use 🙂

Koodo does periodically send offers to Public Mobile customers. It's no secret that Telus would rather have customers at the more expensive brands where there is more opportunities to charge for additional services. You're  free to take advantage of the offer or to ignore it. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

This is normal

Some ppl sign up with pubicmmobile hoping for Koodo offer

Not everybody always qualifies

Don't forget they are under the same roof and share everything including the system

Need Help? Let's chat.