cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where’s the next feee Data at?

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone know any promotions for cheap data? 
I am downgrading my data and plan to $15 a month starting  tmr… any tips?!???

🙂

9 REPLIES 9

Banjoman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A good VPN is definitely worth it!

you would not believe how easy it is to mine data on wifi. 

Twopennybuffalo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also a quality VPN such can usually override restrictions on many free wifi networks such as file downloads, streaming, and geo blocking.

I use my VPN at McDonald’s a lot to allow some Netflix shows to be downloaded on road trips I forgot to. 

personally I use keepsolid it was like 30$ for a lifetime membership. Well worth the investment.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I did the same thing. I would recommend adding the 500 minutes addon (just in case), and this rolls over month to month. Also, I've been living off WiFi and plenty of Bonus Data I have accumulated over the past few years. I really do like this plan, as the 250 MB is basically all I need. I don't use my phone for any streaming services, except for music - which I download on WiFi and use in offline mode. In 2021, there is free WiFi pretty much anywhere you go. Another recommendation I would give to anyone using the $15 plan is that (since you will end up using free, public WiFi a lot) to find a decent VPN provider to keep you safer on those aforementioned free hotspots.

Twopennybuffalo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No idea of expiry? What does the portal say for you? Unlimited or 1/1

also I think I would prefer the warm summer months over 2gb data but that’s just me a guy living in the great white North.

JenP

I got a text last summer offering free extra data from Public. It has been great - no expiry yet! Hopefully they will offer it again this year….

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks yea I got the 2GB and 500 international minutes very nice 

but don’t talk about December yet!

rid8895

Not sure if you were a customer during December of last year, but they gave out 2GB in free data at the time. Doesn't help you for the next few months, but fingers crossed for a similar data gift this holiday season!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Savebig2 wrote:

🙂

@Savebig2 you mean within Public Mobile?

No, not currently for existing customers. Only on new activations.

Here is hoping there will be a freebie give away again this year. 🤞

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Savebig2 wrote:

🙂

Probably around December for free data for current customers.

Here is last years promo:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Need Help? Let's chat.