cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I send text messages to?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

With Canada-wide text messaging, you can send texts anywhere within Canada but incoming texts are not geographically restricted.

15 REPLIES 15

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks @Martin. We have working to get the recent list upload on Community.

@jasonmey - You should be able to send and receive SMS to Ethio Telecom if you selected International SMS as an option in your rate plan.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Prior to the redesign of the current site, I downloaded a file that listed all countries to which a PM text could be sent.

I just checked the file; unfortunately, Ethiopia is not on it. That said, it's possible that, subsequent to my downloading of the file, Telus signed agreements with one or more Ethiopian carriers. For the file and any additions to it, please contact @Mansi_G, a PM Community Manager.

Cheers.

jasonmey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With the international texting add on back as an option, does anyone know which countries are included on that list? Is sending a text to an Ethiopian mobile an option with the international text? Some of the big carriers seem to exclude specific countries however I cannot find that listed for PM as yet. Any thoughts? Thanks!

@Martin, I do thank you for that.

Also, a Public Mobile community Mod clarified that too. Only New plans currently have No access to the outside world via Txt, but hopefully that will change, so others can enjoy equal access, equal fairplay, Thanks

Martin
Legend
Legend

makkahn28,

Your plan is grandfathered; so is mine. If you check the details of your plan, you will see that you have global texting and Canada/USA picture messaging.
New plans do not have the global aspect. New customers are restricted to texting and picture-messaging within Canada.

It was later on, that a Public Mobile community mod clarified the info. The info at time beforehand was vague, and I really didn't even know all the details. Are you accusing me of Lying? No disrespect intended

When I read about the Canada wide txts only from another community member, and contacted Public Mobile service*611, I was told this. I only relayed what I was informed. Later, I was told another, so I was Confused, 2 different statements, How would I know? Just saying

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

Your posts of February 5 and 6 contain incorrect information. Those who are grandfathered continue to have global texting and picture messaging. You didn't qualify your comments that they pertained to new plans only.

Martin
Legend
Legend
jazzer,

You are confusing long-distance calling with texting. Long-distance calling involves voice, while texting is just that.

Insofar as determining if your plan is grandfathered or not, what are your plan's details? The details are listed in your self - serve account. If it says that you have global texting and picture messaging, you're grandfathered.

***If you see a reply that you like, please click the blue Bravo button. Thank you.***

jazzer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
If I add the 400 minute international calling add on, will I be able to text the USA.
Also how do I know if my plans are grandfathered and if yes does that mean texting to the USA is included?
Thanks

Hi. Public Mobile is Prepaid, So No Overage is Possible, at least conventionally.

Until Public Mobile enables International Txt + Global Pictures, Well, We'll... just See

jimosman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so, what does it cost to sent text messages internationally ?

Hi. Mansi_G, though International Texting and Photo Text is nolonger with us, Hopefully its NOT GONE 4ever. Clients, New and Current, may need such services. I understand that PMis in Beta, so there's always room for improvements

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Dan - This is correct that only Canada-wide text is available with new plans. However, incoming text messages from any destination are not blocked from the network.

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The unlimited text feature of the new plans says Canada-wide, and the footnote for the feature says:

(3) Includes text and picture messaging. Premium and subscription-based messages, and messaging to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included. Picture messaging on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

This would suggest no international text messaging with the new plans. It would also suggest that receiving texts from non-Canadian numbers is also not posible (???).

Also, the link for the list of countries that is provided in the OP leads to a 404 page.

Need Help? Let's chat.