cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Public Mobile acknowledge the current provisioning issue and issue refunds for lost time?

sfren613
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

$15 100mins out/unlimited in & 250MB plan.

Any potential savings from the $2 autopay reward has been quickly devalued if this is the current state of Public Mobile.

I understood no support = save a buck.

But I didn't think they straight up take peoples money and then ghost them!

Paid $6 more for the SIM than L-ucky sells for at Dollarama, based on the potential for  longer-term savings and I specifically needed to be able to use the service yesterday for a road trip.

I only wish I'd paid with a creditcard so I could do a chargeback for the monthly fee I paid and forget about this BS.

It's quite clear the "moderators" are aware this is a wide-scaled issue, the deafening radio-silence on their part is quite troubling -considering most of us are new customers, and our first experiences with PM have been unsatisfactory.

If you too are dealing with this, you should consider sharing your Public Mobile experience with at least one other person on Reddit, twitter or facebook. Perhaps other folks will steer around this hazard if we warn them.

5 REPLIES 5

@EnglishChips wrote:

I am a legacy customer so I’ve been with Public Mobile since the beginning, and this is my first major issue with them. However, this echo chamber of apathy is something I have never experienced even with the worst companies, so I can’t say I blame you one bit.

I have been here only 2.5 years.  It's only in the past year that there's been widespread generic impact on customer accounts.  A lot of the problems seem to come from the introduction of new plans and features.  Regardless of cause, Public Mobile does not have in place a policy for announcing what might be widespread generic impact.  They seem to think that silence is the best solution.  I have been and continue to be vocal about the need to inform customers in a timely manner.  Nobody like to see customers lose service, but pretending it didn't happen is inexcusable.  We need to continue to put pressure on Public Mobile to put in place a practical notification policy.  This includes formal complaints if necessary.  

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
My condolences I hope you will get it sorted out soon. Good luck.

EnglishChips
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a legacy customer so I’ve been with Public Mobile since the beginning, and this is my first major issue with them. However, this echo chamber of apathy is something I have never experienced even with the worst companies, so I can’t say I blame you one bit.

xchoo

I was going to refer my friends to Public Mobile (after using it for a month to test it out), but with the recent issues, I'm no longer going to do so. 

EnglishChips

100% Agree!!

This has been going on all week long and no acknowledgement, and no response from Public Mobile. I saw one person got a Moderator response. I am still waiting. At this point it doesn’t even matter if you get your service restored. I encourage everyone to take a few minutes to file a complaint... I recently posted this rather lengthy comment on the situation. I hope you too, will take a moment to let Public Mobile know their system is broken. Thanks!

This Is Very Important If You Do Not Have Service

If you are currently without service it is imperative you file a complaint with the regulating body that oversees cell phone providers.  It does not take very long. (link below)

Posting messages here and imploring Public Mobile to act responsibly is shouting into a vacuum. The company hasn’t made a single effort this entire week to even acknowledge there is a problem. It is currently approaching noontime on a Friday and I am facing a weekend without phone service.  Public Mobile boasting that they are “The Phone Company Without A Phone Number” is a shame on them. I like a good deal as much as anyone, but there is no justification for completely abandoning customer service. Based on my experience this week, I feel they need to revisit their decision to go 100% community based and online for resolutions. This is clearly NOT WORKING.

Talking amongst ourselves does not hold Public Mobile accountable today, or in the future when similar issues arise.  As we know, if it is not documented, it never happened.

You may file a complaint at the following link which is the CRTC body that overseas the mobile phone sector. Please take a few minutes and do this immediately. We must get their attention and demand better.  We are all looking at a weekend without this critical service which we have already paid them for. Tell the CCTS you want one or all of the following; your service restored, acknowledgment of customer complaints, compensation, accountability, and the future implementation of stated resolution times to correct this lack of oversight.

This is the link you can copy & paste into a web browser to complete a complaint:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

You will be given the opportunity to drag and drop documents (if you are on a desktop), screen captures of your paid account, or banking statements which have been accepted by Public Mobile, if you wish. Documents are not required for the complaint.

We demand better service ... Please do this now.

Chippy.

Note: If you have wi-fi or your data is working you can download the Google app, Hangouts to make outgoing calls over the internet with your device in a pinch. 

Please visit Public Mobile on Instagram, Facebook, and any social media account you have to get their attention. Thank you & Good Luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.