cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network?

ayoung106
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The plans specify that you have to be connected to Telus/Public Mobile networks or you need a roaming package. 

Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US.

I travel often across and around Canada, what happens if I pick up a different network or Telus or Public Mobile isnt offered? 

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5

@ayoung106 wrote:

Do you know if you'll get charged when it switches to Bell? 

@ayoung106  Telus and Bell have a tower sharing agreement. The switch happens automatically and no extra charges. Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid service provider. There aren't any additional charges.

@ayoung106 wrote:

No there is no charges like that.  You will never be roaming while in Canada.  As well there are no additional charges with PM.  If you haven't already paid for the service you won't have that service.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ayoung106 no charges,  bell and Telus share  the same network

ayoung106
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ayoung106 wrote:

The plans specify that you have to be connected to Telus/Public Mobile networks or you need a roaming package. 

Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US.

I travel often across and around Canada, what happens if I pick up a different network or Telus or Public Mobile isnt offered? 

Thank you! 

Telus also uses Bell Towers, so across Canada there is a pretty good chance you are going to have service.  Here is the coverage map https://www.publicmobile.ca/coverage if you have any worries.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.