cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it comes to Calling, I need to ask this

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I had to get a Sim from TravelSim, and the # is a European Area Code, NOT sure what Country specifically.

Is PM International L-D Add-On compatible?

If not and need to purchase a Phone Card, then THIS is why I TRUELY wished PM had more Roaming areas Outside US, as it would not Overcomplicate things.

Also, My Mother has WhatsApp

By switching Sims, would that cause some Issues as well?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sharry19 wrote:

Your Mother's Whatsapp number will get effected only with the change of number NOT WITH CHANGE OF SIM means if you are porting same number to different carrier then no problem with your Whatsapp service but if somehow your current number gets changed then YES IT WILL EFFECT then you have to regiter with new number in the Whatsapp.

@Sharry19  @makkahn28  actually NO, WhatsApp is not affected at all.  Unless you explicity go into your WhatsApp settings and change the phone number associated to your account, it will continue to work with your regular phone number.  There is NO NEED to change your number in WhatsApp.  I spent 2 weeks in Europe last summer using a French SIM card with a French phone number and did not update my WhatsApp number, I continued with my regular 604-xxx-xxxx number without issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28  PM offers 400 International mintutes Add-on for $15 which includes these countries if you call from Canada:

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Your Mother's Whatsapp number will get effected only with the change of number NOT WITH CHANGE OF SIM means if you are porting same number to different carrier then no problem with your Whatsapp service but if somehow your current number gets changed then YES IT WILL EFFECT then you have to regiter with new number in the Whatsapp.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

I had to get a Sim from TravelSim, and the # is a European Area Code, NOT sure what Country specifically.

Is PM International L-D Add-On compatible?

If not and need to purchase a Phone Card, then THIS is why I TRUELY wished PM had more Roaming areas Outside US, as it would not Overcomplicate things.

Also, My Mother has WhatsApp

By switching Sims, would that cause some Issues as well?

Well, what's the format and the first three digits after the +, 1, 011 or 00? For example +33 x xx xx xx xx would be France, + 353 x xxx xxxx would be Ireland etc.

Whether you can call that number from Canada using your LD add-on depends on the country (France is on the list, but a lot of smaller European countries are not.)

You seem to mix up LD and roaming.  LD add-on is for calls from Canada, roaming is in the country you are traveling in, outside of Canada.

To keep the cost down,  Public Mobile only offers roaming in the US. If you go to Europe you will need to a) find a provider that offers roaming in the countries you are visiting, b) get a travel SIM like Roam Mobilty etc, or c) buy a local SIM at your destination.

WhatsApp requires a data connection either through a data plan on your cell phone or on WiFi.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@makkahn28 

No packages for outside of the US roaming...wifi and apps is theway to go for this..

Need Help? Let's chat.