Did you mean: 

When is Public going to follow the rest of the providers with Unlimited Data

Souky123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

9 REPLIES 9

Degus222
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They also need lower their prices. Public is not that great of a deal anymore. You get 8.5 GB of 3G data for $50 or get 10gb of 4G for 75 with no overages.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K @David_M please have a good long read of @stonechucker 's reply right above this one.  He is not alone--your long-term, very loyal customers are starting to waver.  You need to invest in system stability, and it needs to be done right away.  We should not have to worry every 30/90 days that the process isn't going to work--it needs to just work.  Please.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I’ve been fighting for PM to fix issues since 2016, to make the service fully user workable, without requiring help from the Moderators.  With the lack of respect PM staff towards subscribers, both old, current, and new, PM is demonstrating in my mind, they do not wish to fix ongoing issues, and only wish to rake in money for Telus.  

pM services failed me on my renewal this past 90day cycle.  Rewards did not convert, plan did not renew, rewards + money *should have paid in full but did not, and apparently my AutoPay was not active, which I’ve had active since day 1.

I was shall we say, very upset.  After 48 hours without service, still no response, I could only reactivate my main device by adding full $120 to reactive my plan, as I did not wish to leave it any longer.

Without a way for users to fix all issues on their own, PM and self*service while mostly cheaper is fine, but not fixing known bugs and issues and repeated system mistakes and error for now over 3 years tells me they do not care about us.

Im looking for an affordable and useful future exit, but I’m still here right now as I have 180 of service currently banked in my main account that I will not just leave behind,

I was a happy user of Public.  This past couple of weeks, I’m getting extremely frustrated with Public Mobile itself, the forum, a number of constantly bad posts from users just trying to make a buck in credits, rather than actually trying to help other withcorrect. Information and quality posts.

I’m going to be leaving sometime, but right now, I’m activity removing myself from the forum regularly for health reasons.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo wrote:

@Souky123  To be honest is it not better to get a plan that gets you close to your monthly limit than to constatly go over. 

I would rather keep the various PM rewards than get unlimted data.  I'm just saying if you want PM to match the others then they might as well get rid of rewards.   

in the end pick the provider that best suits your needs.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Complacency isn't something we should encourage, PM needs to continue moving forward to keep its customers.

@Sherrilynn01 wrote:

In my opinion; it's already a sinking ship....just saying. The "prompt responding" here doesn't exist. 

Well, yes and no.  A lot of us took on this service knowing the customer service model.  We accepted richer rewards in place of a call center on the presumption that we don't need to interact with customer service that frequently.  The rewards would help to stunt the pain on the odd occasions that we do need support and have to wait a while to get it.  That is not to say that sustained 48+ hour long response time should be condoned.  Back in the day when I joined the service, response times in the order of a few hours was the norm.  The current level of customer service will definitely represent a barrier for new customers in a competitive market place.  Public Mobile does need to do a self assessment from time to time of where they stand relative to the competition.  It should be this process that might bring about improved customer service and unlimited data.   

Sherrilynn01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In my opinion; it's already a sinking ship....just saying. The "prompt responding" here doesn't exist. 

@mimmo wrote:

@Souky123  To be honest is it not better to get a plan that gets you close to your monthly limit than to constatly go over. 

I would rather keep the various PM rewards than get unlimted data.  I'm just saying if you want PM to match the others then they might as well get rid of rewards.   

Don't give Public Mobile any evil ideas.  As customers, we have to be greedy the other way.  We want to keep all the current perks while seeking new betterments (subject to my mantra of getting this service for what it is...).  Honestly, I don't believe it will come down to trading rewards for unlimited data.  No other carrier brand uses a similar support model as Public Mobile.  The money saved would pay for the rewards many times over.  These days with moderator responses times being systematically 48+ hours, I dare say that if the rewards were to go for whatever reason, the customer base would head for the exit like mice fleeing a sinking ship.   See example  of what I mean.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Souky123 wrote:

No regular member here can answer that question. This is likely something that has to be decided very high at Public Mobile/Telus.  It does seem odd that Public is the only brand out of Freedom, Chatr, and Lucky not to do this.  That's been the case for qutie a while now, and Public Mobile has not acted.  I'm not sure that unlimited data on the main Rogers, Bell, and Telus brands will make any difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.